Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hopefully Someone knows Specs of the ST16(+) Need Help.

Reaction score
Hi everyone I decided a while ago to purchase a set of Lume Cube extremely bright Lights that mount to each side of the H & claim to be capable of 1500Lumens each. They are nice & extremely bright, But they are also pretty heavy & therefore through the balance off on the H. So my question is this: with our ST16 controllers do they have ANY Free Open channels that we may be able to use if we for example, wanted to install a peripheral like the addition of a Payload Drop Servo or a Bright Search/spotlight that has full Pan/Tilt Capabilities. Does that sound at all like a possibility? & if we do not have ANY free/open/remaining channels left & all 16 are in use than is there any other possible way that I might be able to expand & add one or more additional receiver channels to my H by maybe possibly installing a receiver expansion piece into the H connecting obviously to the existing receiver already in the H?? Thanks Tom C

Now that is a wish list the only thing that I might suggest to you is to go find a couple of bicycle lights that you can Velcro onto the side of your camera. By the way they are around 60 g for the both of them and the light last for up to four hours

Wait really? You're saying that both of my Lume Cubes together only weigh 60g? If that's true then the mount must only weigh about 10-20g but they seem to weigh much more when holding in my hand or mounted onto my H. I'll post a picture & the link to the other lights that I've seen offered by HobbyKing.com one of them is a single beam & the other is dual beam but both are mounted on a fully capable pan/tilt platform with servos & so if you're able to find any possible free and open channels on your receiver you'd be able to control the pan, the tilt & even the ON/OFF/STROBE modes of each light all from the remote which would be nice. So in saying that if I find that there are no open channels left on the ST16 then I want to figure out how to possibly expand the receiver in our H's by maybe just simply connecting an AUX receiver block to the existing system because after all the system is Digital so it may be easier than anyone thinks. I'm saying possibly unplug 1 channel on the current receiver module to allow you to plug in the Aux receiver module that could possibly have 6-8 additional channel ports allowing for the addition of such lights. I've always heard that when the H was introduced to the world it was always meant to be modular meaning you can add on certain extra items which obviously one of them is the RS module but I wouldn't doubt that they may be more modular than that so that we are able to add on many other peripherals as to make the H more capable of assisting a variety of different agencies & purposes like how we now have the ability to add on a thermal camera to assist firefighter, if you think search light/ spot lights would be very helpful to Police for search & rescue operations. Thanks Tom C.

I'll post the pics & a link in just a bit for you to check out & tell me your thoughts if possible.

Tom,
It would take alittle electronics, but you could wire the LEDs on the motor arms to trip your cubes on and off.
Use the led on/off of the ST-16 to trip the lumecubes.

Ya I'm decent when it comes to electronics but as for the Lume Cubes they are completely water sealed & even when you unscrew the back round cover the only thing that you can access is a micro usb charging port. So to get inside of them I'd probably need to split them in half & I'd bet that they have an o-ring that seals the splits. I'm not worried so much about the ability to use the ON/OFF/STROBE function as i am with having the ability to possibly control a pan/tilt for a light because that would just be awesome IMHO. Thanks Tom C

Here is the link to see the Dual Beam pan/tilt light: Turnigy Twin Search Light w/ Pan and Tilt .
The link to see the single light is: Powerful Searchlight with Built-In Pan/Tilt and Remote Light Mode Switching

Plus they are only $27 for the Dual Beam & $22 for the Single Beam so all the more tempting

72893.jpg

92262s1_1__1.jpg

My ST-16 Pro was having kernel panics(in Yuneec"s hands now) the ST-16 is based off of the chuwi hi8 tablet according to hardware info from the crash logs. Meaning it runs off of an Intel Atom Z3736F

Ok sweet thank you for that info "WesBur13" I appreciate it & hopefully I'll be able to further determine whether or not expanding the H with more channels is possible. But I think that when it says 'Chuwi hi8" in you flight data that all it is referring to is the actual tablet embedded into our st16's which is good to know because its a step closer to figuring this all out but I really need to know a lot more about the TX/RX system & I'd assume whatever system that was used just simple sends its information to the tablets so we can see what it doing basically except visually.

Do any of you know if inside of the H when looking at the RX box/board whatever you want to call it, I'm wanting to know if it has an S-Bus port on it or not because if it does then it can easily be expanded with more channels. The further I research into this I've seen many tx's that have been modified so as to include 2 additional gimbal sticks that have 3 axises & plus a button on the top of them I'm thinking they were done like that as to provide a more precise movement than what we are able to get out of the skinny relatively short gimbal sticks we have now. thanks Tom C.

Ok sweet thank you for that info "WesBur13" I appreciate it & hopefully I'll be able to further determine whether or not expanding the H with more channels is possible. But I think that when it says 'Chuwi hi8" in you flight data that all it is referring to is the actual tablet embedded into our st16's which is good to know because its a step closer to figuring this all out but I really need to know a lot more about the TX/RX system & I'd assume whatever system that was used just simple sends its information to the tablets so we can see what it doing basically except visually.

Do any of you know if inside of the H when looking at the RX box/board whatever you want to call it, I'm wanting to know if it has an S-Bus port on it or not because if it does then it can easily be expanded with more channels. The further I research into this I've seen many tx's that have been modified so as to include 2 additional gimbal sticks that have 3 axises & plus a button on the top of them I'm thinking they were done like that as to provide a more precise movement than what we are able to get out of the skinny relatively short gimbal sticks we have now. thanks Tom C.

Take a look into the st10+ receiver for the blade chroma. It's the only remove able Yuneec receiver if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval