Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

horizon curve and filters

Reaction score
just tried to capture a sunset still working on them to get good results decided to try a filter ( have been using stock that came with the craft )
playing in post i noticed there was hardly any curve on my horizon.
is it possible that my stock uv filer was on a little wrong or is it causing extra curve

today with a filter only nd4 should have gone higher
sunset-00041.jpg

and with stock filterYUN00026-1.jpg

Reactions: Grumpy
You can check it by just setting the craft on a table and set the camera to level where there is a horizon and take a picture then; do the same without the filter. But from those pictures it does look like there is some extra distortion.

But from those pictures it does look like there is some extra distortion.
Some? That's a lot of distortion @thetrecker. I have wondered before if you have changed lenses because I see this curve a lot in your photos and thought it was a 3rd party lens replacement. My horizons are flat with the CGO3+ and the C23. What camera are you using?

Some? That's a lot of distortion @thetrecker. I have wondered before if you have changed lenses because I see this curve a lot in your photos and thought it was a 3rd party lens replacement. My horizons are flat with the CGO3+ and the C23. What camera are you using?
cgo3+ haven't changed lenses but thinking about it. Out of interest when did you get your h (cgo3+) as there is mention that later visions have a wider lens creating more curve
great idea @Ty Pilot will do that as soon as i can very easy from my work as looking out to sea will be able to set camera angle exactly the same for testing
this pic is also stock filter taken from the same position before Christmas but slightly different angle until i can run a proper test on a table i wont no for sure
YUN00044.jpg

Out of interest when did you get your h (cgo3+) as there is mention that later visions have a wider lens creating more curve
Mine was a manufacturer refurbished unit, so there is no way besides the serial number to tell how old the CGO3+ is. As for the serial number.... Why did Yuneec use a paper label for the serial number label that can easily be rubbed off, then place it where it can easily be rubbed off after a little use? :confused:
Brilliant!:rolleyes:

Reactions: thetrecker
@thetrecker You mentioned you had LightRoom?
Once you have imported your picture into LR, go to adjustments, scroll down to Lens Correction,
Use these adjustments
Maker: ASOS
Lens: RECO Smart
Profile: Smart Standard
Then slightly below that is Fish-eye Distortion, I barely had to make adjustments to get this as level as possible.

Your camera is a CGO3P ?
sunset-00041-1.jpg

@thetrecker You mentioned you had LightRoom?
Once you have imported your picture into LR, go to adjustments, scroll down to Lens Correction,
Use these adjustments
Maker: ASOS
Lens: RECO Smart
Profile: Smart Standard
Then slightly below that is Fish-eye Distortion, I barely had to make adjustments to get this as level as possible.

Your camera is a CGO3P ?
View attachment 14096
thanks for the settings
left it to see the difference between filters.
i did mean to mention you in my first post for pointing out our picture differences and making me think about it.
If the filter drops the curve to a much easier fix as you just demonstrated then i have got to look into it but i could be wrong and that may just be the deference in the angle that i took the picture but so far the curves on all the pics today are no where as bad as they have been
would love you to play with the dng file but think thats is being a bit cheeky lol

Reactions: AH-1G
thanks for the settings
left it to see the difference between filters.
i did mean to mention you in my first post for pointing out our picture differences and making me think about it.
If the filter drops the curve to a much easier fix as you just demonstrated then i have got to look into it but i could be wrong and that may just be the deference in the angle that i took the picture but so far the curves on all the pics today are no where as bad as they have been
would love you to play with the dng file but think thats is being a bit cheeky lol
:oops:Opps, it isn't Light Room I meant CyberLink PowerDirect. PM me about the DNG file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition