Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How about a lessons learned thread?

Reaction score
Several times, during the last two months or so, I failed to shut off filming before shutting off the craft and had corrupt MP4 files. I found the answer hidden in a bunch of old posts, but it worked like a charm.

I copied the files back into the directory on the mini SD card, reinstalled it in the craft and started up the controller and the craft. I recorded just a few seconds of video, then shut everything down and put the card back in my computer. The files had been restored.

I was thinking that since I've had and seen others ask the same questions for several typical problems, solved in here, that we may want to create a fixed thread with answers to common questions like this one...or not.

Thanks for posting ! Good information.

that we may want to create a fixed thread with answers to common questions like this one...or not.
Your observation is timely. @Eagle's Eye Video is currently working on a "How to" page for the Typhoon H. So far it looks very promising and should help answer many questions.
I think the H Plus will likely be the next candidate for the How-to series.

Typhoon H - "How To"

Several times, during the last two months or so, I failed to shut off filming before shutting off the craft and had corrupt MP4 files. I found the answer hidden in a bunch of old posts, but it worked like a charm.

I copied the files back into the directory on the mini SD card, reinstalled it in the craft and started up the controller and the craft. I recorded just a few seconds of video, then shut everything down and put the card back in my computer. The files had been restored.

I was thinking that since I've had and seen others ask the same questions for several typical problems, solved in here, that we may want to create a fixed thread with answers to common questions like this one...or not.

very good point I have experienced the same thing it's a good lesson to learn so we don't have corrupted files I've done that a few times myself thanks for your post

Yes, that usually works. Usually. The last time I forgot to STOP video before shutting off the TH, that trick didn't work. I tried several other recovery ideas but finally gave up. Fortunately, that video file was not especially valuable to me.

I have not tried all the recovery tricks either, but if I forget to shut the video.off I will try one of your methods

I have not tried all the recovery tricks either, but if I forget to shut the video.off I will try one of your methods
Keith, if you have done anything at all with the file, putting the microSD card back into the camera, start a recording and stop recording may not work. I think that was my problem. Give a try, though. Good luck.

Keith, if you have done anything at all with the file, putting the microSD card back into the camera, start a recording and stop recording may not work. I think that was my problem. Give a try, though. Good luck.

Hi Rubik
if it happens again or I forget to stop the video I will give it a try but usually I always shut things down in the proper order but thanks for your tips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity