Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How can a CGO3+ lens be replaced

Reaction score
Hi. Query. How to remove the lens from a CGO3 + camera. It cannot be unscrewed. Should I use pliers? Is there a thread? Is it glued? Thank you for answer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_154823.jpg
    IMG_20210116_154823.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Yes M12 thread. How to unscrew. It cannot be screwed. The lens cannot be screwed out

The lens is glued. Watch this video or another. They are a lot.

When do I take pliers? Cracks? It's not a hand. Why doesn't it work?

There is a dot and it is not possible to shoot. Why?

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_154823.jpg
    IMG_20210116_154823.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
The lens from Yuneec is glued and cannot be rotated. This is why new lenses come with a replacement lens mount.

The lens from Yuneec is glued and cannot be rotated. This is why new lenses come with a replacement lens mount.
Thanks for verifying. Can the lens be released? I'm afraid to change the holder. I just want to unscrew the lens. Replace the whole stuck holder and disassemble I'm afraid. Is it very stuck? Do you have knowledge?

@RudaR,
The CGo3+ came with a choice of two lens barrel types. One can be unscrewed. One cannot. You have the one that cannot be unscrewed. It would make no difference if you could. The screw-in replacement lens will not work with the larger diameter barrel of the lens type you have. And you will have no way to focus it anyway.
For your camera, the entire assembly must be removed from the circuit board at it's base. For what it's worth, I personally find it very difficult to remove at the base, and very easy to damage the circuit board.

@RudaR,
The CGo3+ came with a choice of two lens barrel types. One can be unscrewed. One cannot. You have the one that cannot be unscrewed. It would make no difference if you could. The screw-in replacement lens will not work with the larger diameter barrel of the lens type you have. And you will have no way to focus it anyway.
For your camera, the entire assembly must be removed from the circuit board at it's base. For what it's worth, I personally find it very difficult to remove at the base, and very easy to damage the circuit board.
So that's serious information. I'll take a good look and measure. Thank you for the warning. I have to work carefully and think. I'll find out what can be done.

@jannislh gave you a clue on removing the lens mount from the circuit board by using acetone (nail polish remover). Be sure to use it sparingly and apply it with a cotton swab. Work with it like shown in the video.

Reactions: AussieCate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval