Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do you eject a stuck SD Card?

Reaction score
I think I've seen this discussed before but can't find the thread.

Up until today I've always used SanDisk SD cards. I got a couple of Samsung SD cards cheap that were on sale at Best Buy and decided to try them.

I took a drone out for a test flight and used one of the Samsung cards. I tried to eject it tonight and it won't pop out. The SanDisk have always come out easily. The Samsung card is stuck hard and fast.

Is there an easy solution for this problem or am I going to have to open up the camera.

Model is Typhoon H480 and the camera is a CG03+

• Sad
Reactions: RiFF RaFF
That is odd. You might try using a thin non metallic object that allows you to push in a bit more than your finger can to hopefully release the latch and eject the card. I keep this small plastic brush in my kit and use it on my ST16’s card slot because it sits too far recessed in the case.
D94052EC-7D60-45D1-BE9C-8E026C917032.jpeg 165D5C32-E6C0-4027-89EA-3F73F7EED33E.jpeg

That is odd. You might try using a thin non metallic object that allows you to push in a bit more than your finger can to hopefully release the latch and eject the card. I keep this small plastic brush in my kit and use it on my ST16’s card slot because it sits too far recessed in the case.
View attachment 23699 View attachment 23700
I got it to come out. Somehow it had gotten wedged under the lip along the edge of the slot. I took a plastic knife and wedged it out.

Thanks for your reply!

I got it to come out. Somehow it had gotten wedged under the lip along the edge of the slot. I took a plastic knife and wedged it out.

Thanks for your reply!
The 'ol hemostats are a handy tool, but not like the old days use??

I think I've seen this discussed before but can't find the thread.

Up until today I've always used SanDisk SD cards. I got a couple of Samsung SD cards cheap that were on sale at Best Buy and decided to try them.

I took a drone out for a test flight and used one of the Samsung cards. I tried to eject it tonight and it won't pop out. The SanDisk have always come out easily. The Samsung card is stuck hard and fast.

Is there an easy solution for this problem or am I going to have to open up the camera.

Model is Typhoon H480 and the camera is a CG03+
I found the propellor blade is just the right size to push it in and release or to get under it if necessary, just be careful if it releases or it can fly quite a ways

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval