Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How select photo aperture on Typhoon H3

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new question about the use of the Typhoon H3 in photo, I realize that whatever the settings: auto or manual =>iso and auto or manual => shutter == all the images are taken at aperture f: 2.8,
So to have finest images I would like to take my pictures at f: 8 or 11. Can you tell me how to do it ??
thank you

I’m not sure that the camera has a mechanical iris. Most drone cameras don’t. Here is a link to the specs for the H3 Typhoon H3 Info – Yuneec

Reactions: WTFDproject
ok i think you're right ;)
thanks you for answer

The H3 has a fixed aperture at 2.8
Hy there Ty Pilot . Do you own a H3 ? If yes can you give me an advice how to work around that fixed aperture of 2.8 . I'm not a photographer btw . Just had some nice photos but the video is really terrible ( jumpy pixels , actually little squares ) . I saw videos , shot by H3 on youtube ( can't tell edited or not ) and those were crystal clear , beautiful shots . Mine are shill . Just run out of ideas and decided to seek some guidance . Btw Merry Christmas . 👍🍻🍻 Thx for ever answer you got for me 😀

Hy there Ty Pilot . Do you own a H3 ? If yes can you give me an advice how to work around that fixed aperture of 2.8 . I'm not a photographer btw . Just had some nice photos but the video is really terrible ( jumpy pixels , actually little squares ) . I saw videos , shot by H3 on youtube ( can't tell edited or not ) and those were crystal clear , beautiful shots . Mine are shill . Just run out of ideas and decided to seek some guidance . Btw Merry Christmas . 👍🍻🍻 Thx for ever answer you got for me 😀
The symptoms you describe sound very much like you are using an SD card that is not fast enough or you are getting “jello” from worn anti vibration dampers in the gimbal mount.

Your SD card needs to be Class 10 (10 inside a C), U3 rated (3 inside the U) for 4K video capture, and possibly a V30 rating.
E76233A7-9A86-4434-A55E-BD5B7DC727A9.jpeg 33277AE1-302E-4795-AF99-3A629F8CD3C7.jpeg
For the dampers look for signs of weakness and that they all allow for equal suspension in the mounting.

The final issue could be a problem with the gimbal or camera itself and would require service.

Try taking some video with the aircraft setting on a sturdy table to allow you to watch the camera and gimbal and feel for vibration in the gimbal. Then put it in a low hover around 5 meters and compare video between the table and low hover.

Thx a lot for your tips . I ordered an SD card with those specs you told me . I'll take it step by step . The bird actually is a brand new bird bought in July 2021 . It been airborne for 6-7 times ever since . Mostly fly my DJI drones . I really like this H3 but if I can't get used to it I'll give it away . But let's go work ( when the weather will allow me to fly ) ...........keep in touch , mate . Beers on me now 👍🍻🍻 thx again .

As mentioned by @DoomMeister a better card is likely the problem with the video.

As for the aperture of the camera fixed at 2.8 - that is not something you can change on the H3.

Reactions: ZCS
Thx a lot for your tips . I ordered an SD card with those specs you told me . I'll take it step by step . The bird actually is a brand new bird bought in July 2021 . It been airborne for 6-7 times ever since . Mostly fly my DJI drones . I really like this H3 but if I can't get used to it I'll give it away . But let's go work ( when the weather will allow me to fly ) ...........keep in touch , mate . Beers on me now 👍🍻🍻 thx again .
If you give it away, can I be first in line as a recipient?;) Just kidding! I’m pretty sure the SD card will make a difference. I do know some of the first H3’s had issues with the gimbal being weak and needing an update to change PID settings. Either way you should be able to get it resolved even if it means sending it to Yuneec for warranty service.

If you are having issues in bright sunlight the use of ND filters would be in order. The most common would be ND16 (4 stops), then ND8 (3 stops), and for really bright days with light subjects like beaches an ND32 (5 stops). More info on ND filters is here A Guide to Neutral Density Filters | B&H Explora

If you give it away, can I be first in line as a recipient?;) Just kidding! I’m pretty sure the SD card will make a difference. I do know some of the first H3’s had issues with the gimbal being weak and needing an update to change PID settings. Either way you should be able to get it resolved even if it means sending it to Yuneec for warranty service.

If you are having issues in bright sunlight the use of ND filters would be in order. The most common would be ND16 (4 stops), then ND8 (3 stops), and for really bright days with light subjects like beaches an ND32 (5 stops). More info on ND filters is here A Guide to Neutral Density Filters | B&H Explora
Thx so much . Wish you a Happy New Year .

A Happy New Year to you also. Hope your H3 issues get worked out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis