Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to have a POI centerpoint precisly where my H520 is hoovering ?

Reaction score
As DJI, you should be able to fly above the point you would like to start the POI, configure the radius, and start it. With Yuneec, you have to use the map-function to start it.

Well, in this case, there is no way to precisly initiate your POI at that point, as you have first to touch the screen, and no, it won't be accurate, as you can never tap it precisly.

There should be a way to tap the drone itself, and not the map.

Whatever I have tried, I did not succeed to have the centerpoint of the POI being the actual position of the hoovering H520.

Anyone an idea or tips on this how-to ?

Last edited:
By zooming in on the map, remembering exactly where the drone is, moving it and pressing where it was?

How much accuracy do you need? And if I can ask, to do what? leave me with the doubt :rolleyes:

I want to have the precise center of a house as the centerpoint of the POI. Using the map-feature, that is not possible.
It would be nice to first position the drone to the centerpoint by first flying over it and have it hoover, instead of configuring the POI using the maps, espacially, as it is a new house, and, not (yet) shown on the map :)

Last edited:
I want to have the precise center of a house as the centerpoint of the POI. Using the map-feature, that is not possible.
It would be nice to first position the drone to the centerpoint by first flying over it and have it hoover, instead of configuring the POI using the maps, espacially, as it is a new house, and, not (yet) shown on the map :)

The first time I saw this function many years ago, I don't know what controller it was, but with a stick it was configured as you say. There was no DJI yet. You would position yourself in the center of the "circle", press a stick, then fly to the outer perimeter of the circle, hit the stick again and move left or right to increase or decrease the rotation speed.

It will be a matter of making tests to see if we get some way to have more accuracy, for now I can not think of how to do it, but in the field flying the same goes out some ?

Anyway, it's something I don't think it would take much work to implement by software, it will be a matter of asking for it and see if we can get it.

I’d like to say something without offending anyone as I see this quite often in various posts.

“Hoover” is a brand of vacuum cleaners, and pronounced “who-ver”. “Hover” is to hang motionless above a subject or location and pronounced “huh-ver”.

Not a big deal, we know what people are trying to say, it just makes us a little better when we spell things right.

For a while, when I was talking about the base and ceiling of an airspace, I was talking about the "roof" XDDDDddddddddddd, I think it was in this forum where I was corrected, let's blame the translators ?

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace