Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

how to increase the altitude

I think you are asking how to change the altitude limits for the Typhoon H/Pro.

You need to download and install the Typhoon H GUI app from the Yuneec website. Then run the app as administrator on your Windows PC. The settings will not take in the aircraft if you do not run the app as administrator.

Reactions: FLDirector19
Page 60 of the attached version of the manual...

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: FLDirector19
I do believe RTFM is the first step to follow with anything pertaining to a multirotor. Rather than learn how to accomplish one thing, learn how to do everything. Works much better than asking a question for everything one item at a time.

There should not be a need to “spoon feed” each page from the manual to users. They should be smart enough to read all of them on their own.

For those that find my reply harsh, perhaps a review of the number of “how to” inquiries that are answered with a page number from the manual would alter your opinion. There’s only three reasons for not reading the manual; lack ability to read, to lazy to read, don’t know the manual exists. The first reason is not applicable as a post was submitted. The third reason is hard to believe as the manual thread is posted as a sticky at the top of this forum.

Last edited:
Please forgive my newbie question, but why would you want to fly higher than you already can?

The default limit on the Typhoon H is 400 feet AGL from the takeoff point. If you are flying in flat terrain there is no problem, but if you are in a valley at takeoff and are flying up the side of a 300 ft hill populated with 100 foot tall trees you need the ability to stay above the tree line at the top of the hill. You would still be within the law if you had the setting at 700 feet for that flight as long as you are following the terrain during the flight.

An extremely valid point.

Height above the ground in level flight is impacted by changes in terrain elevation, making control of height a pilot responsibility not one controlled by software limitations.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Please forgive my newbie question, but why would you want to fly higher than you already can?
I’ve been flying drones for nine years and five to 2,000 meters with my drones. my typhoon h plus, flights at 500 meters and a friend stays at 120 meters here is why I want to unleash typhooh h

The default limit on the Typhoon H is 400 feet AGL from the takeoff point. If you are flying in flat terrain there is no problem, but if you are in a valley at takeoff and are flying up the side of a 300 ft hill populated with 100 foot tall trees you need the ability to stay above the tree line at the top of the hill. You would still be within the law if you had the setting at 700 feet for that flight as long as you are following the terrain during the flight.

In that scenario yes increase it.

I, for one, understand some people's need to increase the set max height on the TH.

In days gone by the maximum legal height for a commercial operation (in the U.K.) was 400ft with no account for the terrain without a special permission from the CAA. It was 400ft above the pilot which meant that if you flew from the top of a cliff you could fly over that cliff and be flying 500 ft above the ground below but still under 400 ft above the pilot. But if you took off from the bottom of from a 200 ft cliff, say, you could only fly 200 ft above the ground at the top of the cliff. (note that for recreational pilots the height restriction was only an advisory until a change in the legislation).

But changes in legislation now allow for terrain so that it is now legal to fly from the foot of a hill and fly 400ft above the top of the hill. I live in a hilly part of the world so it would be handy to have the ability to alter the max height on my TH. I haven't done so yet since I am far more likely to take off from the top of a hill rather than below a hill, but when the time comes...

There is also very good reason for commercial operators to remove height restrictions. Those inspecting structures taller than 400’ need to fly at heights necessary to cover the entire structure. In the U.S. a commercial operator is allowed to fly above a tall structure if they remain within 400’ of the structure. For example, if the operator was inspecting a 2000’ tall tower or building they can legally fly up to 400’ above the tower as long as they remain within 400 lateral feet if the structure or building. High rise buildings are typically much taller than 400’ and using drones for inspecting them or other purposes means they have to fly higher than 400’. Power line inspections spanning a river or gorge would be another good reason to fly higher than 400’.

Even an artist that shoots tall buildings to use the photos to create art sold for profit would be a commercial entity entitled to operate above 400’ as long as they were 107 certified. I have a drone photo of a big city high rise building taken from an elevation 800’ above the ground, more than 200’ below the top of the building. Completely legal as it was shot within 400’ lateral feet of the building.

Personally, I set the height limit on all my drones to the maximum obtainable. If height limits can be completely removed, that is done. I have no problems looking at the active telemetry and adjusting altitude as needed to comply with regulatory requirements. We do the same thing in controlling the speed, position, and direction of our automobiles. There should be no need to employ outside control as the operator should have the intelligence necessary to effectively deal with control of the vehicle/aircraft.

Maybe job type?. I does stack inspection. Some of the stacks are 600ft so yeah for that reason. Gotta change the height limit. Success. Fly safe

What will happen if you attempt to exede the 400 foot height limit ? I'd rather read about it than attempt it !

Reactions: krucialskb
What will happen if you attempt to exceed the 400-foot height limit? I'd rather read about it than attempt it!
Nothing you won`t realize it unless you look at the height info on your ST16.
Flies the same until you reach the height limit you added and then it stops there. I have full unlock on mines. No restrictions whatsoever.

Thanks so much for the reply, One last question, theoretically, if I launched at the edge of the Grand Canyon (or any deep place) at 100 feet and flew over the edge and was now at 4000 feet would something happen or would it be normal flight

It would be a normal flight. It measures the height from the takeoff point. So if you go below takeoff point the height measurement will start counting down instead of up. for example Minus 1 - 100 feet. I hope i explained it good for you to understand clearly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval