Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Play H+ MP4 videos on a PC (Win7)

Reaction score
Still learning and I've got some great video from my H+ that I've loaded on to my PC but I cannot get them to play. I've run the with VLC and they don't play, I've tried to convert them with Wondershare UniConverter to .mov but they don't respond.

Any experienced pilots got some guidance they will share with me (us)?

Are you able to play other 4K videos on your Win7 PC? It could be that it doesn’t have the video processing power to play 4K video.

I apologize if I'm off track, but a Win7 PC is from 2009....and as Doom said probably won't have the horsepower.

Try This:

1. Set up your H+ on a table in the house. No Props.
2. Power up the ST16.
3. Power up the H+.
4. Set your video settings to the lowest possible settings. (Resolution/size)
5. Start recording. Pan around a bit. Get in front and wave, whatever, just take a 30 sec to 1 min video.
6. See if it will play on your computer.
7. If it does, then bump the settings up a notch and do it again.
8. Keep doing this until you start to see playback issues.

You'll figure out just what your computer can handle and what it cant. If you have an issue with the lowest possible setting, then the problem may be elsewhere. Even brand new computers can have issues with 4K unless you've got a hot processor and GPU.

I apologize if I'm off track, but a Win7 PC is from 2009....and as Doom said probably won't have the horsepower.

Try This:

1. Set up your H+ on a table in the house. No Props.
2. Power up the ST16.
3. Power up the H+.
4. Set your video settings to the lowest possible settings. (Resolution/size)
5. Start recording. Pan around a bit. Get in front and wave, whatever, just take a 30 sec to 1 min video.
6. See if it will play on your computer.
7. If it does, then bump the settings up a notch and do it again.
8. Keep doing this until you start to see playback issues.

You'll figure out just what your computer can handle and what it cant. If you have an issue with the lowest possible setting, then the problem may be elsewhere. Even brand new computers can have issues with 4K unless you've got a hot processor and GPU.
This is a very interesting exercise. Looks to be pretty time consuming but sounds to be a very logical process of elimination.

But, all the above said, has and/or does anybody play the HD videos on their computers straight off the SD chip?
I copy the video files before playing them.
I use MPC-HC player
I am also using Win7 and I upgraded the video card. The frame rate actually has a bigger affect than resolution in determining the video cards ability to play a file. Many cards will play 4K at 24/25 fps but not at 60 fps. Generally the slower frame rates are perfectly suitable for video.

Open Control Panel and Device Manager. Record the type of display adapter listed and post it here.

I agree with DoomMeister. It is likely to be your computer. I use VLC as well and it is working without any issues. No matter what (suitable) source or camera I use.

What you can try is reducing the frame rate to 25fps and maybe the resolution as well. Would be shame but you dont have to upgrade your PC as well. I don't think it is an issue with Windows 7.

I am able to take 4k video straight off the SD card to my PC (win 10) without problems now - but that is only after my son sorted me out with a 4k monitor and a faster computer. Previously I had to suffer continual buffering. Hope this helps.

Same here I play, and edit videos without issue all the time. But I have an older Win.10

There is very little that VLC won't play that is playable at all... Is it giving an error, or showing anything at all (like the first frame of the video)?

One thing to note - if you fail to stop recording for shutting down the H+, the video likely will not play in VLC. Could that be the problem?

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss