Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to set the return to home altitude

Reaction score
Question: Does the H need to be hooked up to computer and GUI to set the return to home altitude or is there another way to do it directly from the ST-16 ? If possible from the X-16 could you give instructions how to get to it please.

Last edited:
Question: Does the H need to be hooked up to computer and GUI to set the return to home altitude or is there another way to do it directly from the ST-16 ? If possible from the X-16 could you give instructions how to get to it please.
On St16, go to calibration/settings, click on home altitude and use the slider.

careful what you set.... it's higher than you think at it's extreme and that can be bad if you are reacting to a low voltage warning and hit the home button and are already far away.

As mentioned previously the RTH altitude can be set in the ST-16. Note that if not changed it defaults to 10m, or ~33'.

Understanding how the H performs when in RTH mode can be helpful. If at an altitude less than the set altitude it will climb to the set altitude when RTH is activated. If being flown higher than the set RTH altitude the H will remain at that higher altitude when RTH is activated. This is important to understand because if you have no obstacles between the Home point and the H higher than the H there is no chance of conflict when RTH is activated. It will not descend until reaching Home.

As for low voltage warnings occurring when distant, it's up to the user to be smart enough to periodically check battery voltage displayed on the ST-16 to perform the actions necessary to be close enoughr to themselves to have enough fuel left in the tank to make it back before the tank (battery) is empty.
People should not use the low voltage warning as an indication of when the H should be brought back. The warning is there to tell you it's time to land, immediately, regardless of where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned previously the RTH altitude can be set in the ST-16. Note that if not changed it defaults to 10m, or ~33'.

Understanding how the H performs when in RTH mode can be helpful. If at an altitude less than the set altitude it will climb to the set altitude when RTH is activated. If being flown higher than the set RTH altitude the H will remain at that higher altitude when RTH is activated. This is important to understand because if you have no obstacles between the Home point and the H higher than the H there is no chance of conflict when RTH is activated. It will not descend until reaching Home.

As for low voltage warnings occurring when distant, it's up to the user to be smart enough to periodically check battery voltage displayed on the ST-16 to perform the actions necessary to be close enoughr to themselves to have enough fuel left in the tank to make it back before the tank (battery) is empty.
People should not use the low voltage warning as an indication of when the H should be brought back. The warning is there to tell you it's time to land, immediately, regardless of where it is.

I want to be near my home point before I get a warning and if I see the first yellow on battery life head back towards safe landing. I figure with the H and a good battery to get a safe 15 mins of air time comfortably and since video dumps every 5 mins to the card I have learned to plan in 5 min shot sets. So for a specific long shot like going up a mountain canyon - like hiking in the desert with water - that you need to turn back at half battery (water in the hiking analogy) and get back closer to home.

A good rule to follow in high winds is to plan most of your flight going against the wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49