Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Setup the ZyXEL WRE-6606 for use with Breeze

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This guide is from recent memory and may not be exactly right, but will be good enough to get you there.

Edit (02/26/2019): You will need to place the mode switch to the ‘R’ position which puts the 6606 in the repeater mode of operation before starting the first step below.

Setting up the ZyXEL WRE-6606 for use with the Breeze

1. Plug the 6606 into a power source.

2. Attach the Ethernet cable between the 6606 and your computer.

3. Open a browser on the computer and enter 192.168.1.2 into the address bar and press enter.

4. In the pop up dialogue enter the default password of 1234.

5. Easy123 will then ask for a new password. Enter one of your choice, a second time to verify, then apply it.

6. The 6606 will then reboot and ask for the password you just set, enter it, and continue.

7. Easy123 will then go to 2.4 GHz setup. Since the Breeze only uses 5.8 GHz band, skip the 2.4 GHz setup.

8. Next is the 5 GHz setup screen. At this point turn on the Breeze and when the Status LED in the arm starts flashing green hit rescan on the Easy123 setup screen and then select the Breeze’s SSID and then continue.

9. The next screen is the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi setup. You can accept the defaults and apply, or you can change the SSID’s and passwords to your liking and then accept.

10. Now remove the Ethernet cable and cycle power on the 6606. When the outer lights on the 6606 are lit solid, ensure the breeze is in bind mode with the Status LED flashing green. After several seconds the 5 GHz light on the 6606 will start blinking indicating binding with the Breeze.

11. You can now use either the 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi from your phone to connect to the 6606. Once connected open Breeze Cam and make sure you are connected to the Breeze.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Sweet so if I'm understanding this correctly, by using this range extender you can basically make any incompatible iPhone or android device connect to the Breeze via the range extender since it supports both 2.4 or 5GHz?

Sweet so if I'm understanding this correctly, by using this range extender you can basically make any incompatible iPhone or android device connect to the Breeze via the range extender since it supports both 2.4 or 5GHz?

I’ve been able to use either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz bands with all 4 iPhones I own 5c, 5s, 6, and 7 when using the 6606.

Reactions: gwhuntoon
Does this increase the signal strength?

Yes it does. Can fly to the geofences without breakup of the video feed or lag in control response. Another member has doubled the distance fence using this repeater/extender on flat open terrain. See it here Breeze Range Extender.

It works perfect here in Denmark [emoji41][emoji1087] Thanks [emoji106] Now its realy fun Flying with breeze, love That little mashine [emoji173]️

I have 6606 and Breeze functioning and I’ve used handful of times but sometimes I can’t connect —- says not internet connect via iPhone wifi when I select the 5gz speed Signal.

My question is what is the proper steps in order to connect everything using Zyxel 6606? ie: power on drone, power on Zyxel, open cam app etc.

I can’t connect the same way twice and very frustrating

Thanks guys.

Assuming you have set up your Zyxel properly you would want to power on your breeze first. Depending where you live (US vs. Europe) it takes up to 80 seconds untill the green light in the breeze comes up. The Zyxel needs some 45 seconds to fire up, so try to time the power on sequence that way that the breeze's AP is up first. Last step would be to start your app on the smartphone. A pitfall might be the occasional thermal problem with the breeze (staying red and no green blinking light comes up). In that case power down everything, have a beer/coffee/whatsoever...
HTH

I have 6606 and Breeze functioning and I’ve used handful of times but sometimes I can’t connect —- says not internet connect via iPhone wifi when I select the 5gz speed Signal.

My question is what is the proper steps in order to connect everything using Zyxel 6606? ie: power on drone, power on Zyxel, open cam app etc.

I can’t connect the same way twice and very frustrating

Thanks guys.

In addition to the advice given by @airborne, the message about no internet connection does not mean you are not connecting to the Breeze. I see that on mine occasionally.

Breeze connection happens a little faster in the US compared to Europe. It has to do with connection protocol differences to comply with communications laws. I usually start the 6606, then start the Breeze right after and watch for the flashing green on the Status LED in the arm. Once it turns steady green with an occasional flash possible, I watch for the 5 GHz connection light on the 6606 to start flashing. I then connect via WiFi and start Breeze Cam.

See which way works best for you.

Reactions: AlligatoR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval