Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to unbrick your TH...new video from Yuneec just posted.

Some of those informative videos are installed on the SD card that is delivered with the H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John where can I find the 1.28 old version at?

John where can I find the 1.28 old version at?
Well, it would appear that this "old version" can only be found on the Yuneec UK site (I checked the U.S. site and didn't see it). Don't think it matters if this file is from Europe, as per the video you're going to immediately overwrite it anyway with the current FW file. A little confusing me thinks.

Thank you for posing this, it saved my H a trip back to Yuneec. I did the update per the first video and at the end of updating the H it indicated update successful reboot the H. At that point my H was a zombie, non responsive and all the lights except the led on the power button were off. I called Yuneec USA support and they said send it in but then I saw this video and unbricked my H:) I then did the H update with the .bin file on the SD card and did not use WiFi and it worked great. Now to calibrate and fly.

Reactions: JohnL
That's all fine and dandy if you use a PC. There is no Mac GUI.
There's an app called Fusion that allows you to run a vertual version of any windows operating system on the Mac :)
I tried boot camp a few years ago my it made my Mac run too hot so stopped using it. It was a real pain starting the Mac up either in windows or Mac.
Fusion runs your windows operating system on the Mac desktop so the Mac is hosing the windows operating system works great.

im sure this could have been avoided just by doing the firmware update the old way with the sd card into the ST16, then the aircraft firmware onto sd card and update the H !

I could not get the OTA to find my wifi .. kept getting the timed out every time and that's what I did ... I did it the old way with the sd cards for both and it worked perfect.

I could not get the OTA to find my wifi .. kept getting the timed out every time and that's what I did ... I did it the old way with the sd cards for both and it worked perfect.

I agree with you, I personally think the wifi method is fraught with potential danger lol.....sometimes the old ways are the best, at least nothing can interfere with the process on the sd card method !!

I agree with you, I personally think the wifi method is fraught with potential danger lol.....sometimes the old ways are the best, at least nothing can interfere with the process on the sd card method !!
Exactly! Well said, bro.

Yes, sure, but many peoples get problems when updating from SD.
Onto a other forum, I help a guy having this trouble.
Perfect update after changing the SD card.

Yes, sure, but many peoples get problems when updating from SD.
Onto a other forum, I help a guy having this trouble.
Perfect update after changing the SD card.
Agreed. There are at least two things going on with SD card problems: (1) people using SD cards that are either counterfeit, low quality, or corrupted or (2) people using very high capacity cards (greater than 32GB for example) and/or formatted file systems (exFat, NTFS) that the ST16 simply cannot handle.

IMHO it is best to use the 16GB card that came with the TH to update both the ST16 and TH. Before doing an update the user should take care to delete any files on the card, and then format it using FAT32 (in Windows machines) or via the Android OS when using the "Pad" function of the ST16. I myself use a Samsung EVO 32GB card for updates as I lost my original Yuneec-supplied 16GB card, and it works just fine. For video recording I use a Samsung Pro 128GB card, which I admit is way overkill but didn't realize it at the time of purchase. Interestingly the CGO3+ camera can handle a card of this capacity formatted with the exFAT file system, but the ST16 cannot (handle the FS, that is).

I strongly advise folks NOT to buy microSD cards from EBAY and the likes, as their chances of buying a counterfeit are quite high IMHO.

Reactions: THoff
Agreed. There are at least two things going on with SD card problems: (1) people using SD cards that are either counterfeit, low quality, or corrupted or (2) people using very high capacity cards (greater than 32GB for example) and/or formatted file systems (exFat, NTFS) that the ST16 simply cannot handle.

IMHO it is best to use the 16GB card that came with the TH to update both the ST16 and TH. Before doing an update the user should take care to delete any files on the card, and then format it using FAT32 (in Windows machines) or via the Android OS when using the "Pad" function of the ST16. I myself use a Samsung EVO 32GB card for updates as I lost my original Yuneec-supplied 16GB card, and it works just fine. For video recording I use a Samsung Pro 128GB card, which I admit is way overkill but didn't realize it at the time of purchase. Interestingly the CGO3+ camera can handle a card of this capacity formatted with the exFAT file system, but the ST16 cannot (handle the FS, that is).

I strongly advise folks NOT to buy microSD cards from EBAY and the likes, as their chances of buying a counterfeit are quite high IMHO.

I agree ... however I tried to use a 128 gig card a while back to update before I had heard of the problem and found out it wouldn't work for updates because of the Fat32 and Exfat file systems but I could use it for video, as for updating, I have two SanDisk 4 gig micro sd cards that I know work in both the ST16 and the H and that's all I use them for .. they are plenty big enough and fast enough for any updates.

I agree ... however I tried to use a 128 gig card a while back to update before I had heard of the problem and found out it wouldn't work for updates because of the Fat32 and Exfat file systems but I could use it for video, as for updating, I have two SanDisk 4 gig micro sd cards that I know work in both the ST16 and the H and that's all I use them for .. they are plenty big enough and fast enough for any updates.
That was exactly my point in my post above.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval