Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus

The Geek Squad so far has not done any repair work for Yuneec. They would initiate a repair ticket and ship it to either KAV or United Radio for the actual repair. It was always faster to initiate the RMA from the Yuneec website and ship using the UPS label. We are not privy to who Yuneec is sending repair work to at this time. United Radio pulled out in late Spring this year after monetary issues with Yuneec. Then the same happened with KAV back in October. The best bet right now is to find a firmware that reduces the vibrations and placing new dampers in the gimbal mount.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ok, I will keep checking back. Right now I'm trying to contact Yuneec via opening a case but they aren't responding. If I end up needing to send it in for repair then I'll do it. Because I'm very frustrate not knowing what to do. I've tried hard to find a solution but nothing. I will go ahead and try your firmware strategy thing. May I ask your opinion on sending it to the geek squad? I'm only asking because Yuneec suggested that as one option of theirs. What do you think about that?
One thing you should notice is that the upgrade/downgrade procedure might not start at all if the system does not "like" the MicroSD card used.
On my Typhoon H+ I cannot upgrade/downgrade any firmware via SD cards with capacity higher than 64GB (e.g both my SanDisk 64GB and 128GB U3 V20 cards fail to even start the upgrade procedure) and this is the reason I am using an old 4GB Kingston U1 card for the updates.

Other than that, the procedure is very simple - as @Steve Carr said - you uncompress (UnZip) the camera .yuneec files, copy the camera.bin to the root folder of the SD card, insert it in the camera and power up the drone. Wait 5 minutes - the camera LED will change colour to rose when updating - and you're done.

One thing you should notice is that the upgrade/downgrade procedure might not start at all if the system does not "like" the MicroSD card used.
On my Typhoon H+ I cannot upgrade/downgrade any firmware via SD cards with capacity higher than 64GB (e.g both my SanDisk 64GB and 128GB U3 V20 cards fail to even start the upgrade procedure) and this is the reason I am using an old 4GB Kingston U1 card for the updates.

Other than that, the procedure is very simple - as @Steve Carr said - you uncompress (UnZip) the camera .yuneec files, copy the camera.bin to the root folder of the SD card, insert it in the camera and power up the drone. Wait 5 minutes - the camera LED will change colour to rose when updating - and you're done.
This camera file that I need to unzip. I get that from the controller right?

The Geek Squad so far has not done any repair work for Yuneec. They would initiate a repair ticket and ship it to either KAV or United Radio for the actual repair. It was always faster to initiate the RMA from the Yuneec website and ship using the UPS label. We are not privy to who Yuneec is sending repair work to at this time. United Radio pulled out in late Spring this year after monetary issues with Yuneec. Then the same happened with KAV back in October. The best bet right now is to find a firmware that reduces the vibrations and placing new dampers in the gimbal mount.
Ok Steve. I live in the country of Belize, so I brought my H Plus down here with me. I'm not going up to the US until maybe April, so until then I'm stuck with this drone. And the vibrations probably wont stop if I change new dampers because the vibrations are like from an earthquake, I mean real severe. It will bounce in all directions as if it wants to destroy itself. I appreciate you trying to help me.

Ok so here comes the detailed instructions on how to upgrade and downgrade the H Plus.

Firstly you need to make sure you download each update as it comes through so that you can copy the files from the 'Yuneec OTA' folder when connected to a PC or Mac via the ST16S.
I saved the very first version 1.08 and also 1.10, I therefore have 2 different types of files to play with.
These are saved as a .Yuneec EXEC file. All of the files that are needed are in these exec files.

To access the files needed copy the exec file so you leave the original alone and then rename the last part .yuneec to .zip, unzip the folder and inside the folder will be 4 files
autopilot.yuneec
camera.bin
gimble.yuneec
versioninfo.json------------this file is not needed

screen-shot-2018-08-16-at-10-03-03-png.10901

Format an sd card into FAT32 so it is completely clean and then drag either the camera.bin to upgrade/downgrade the camera firmware or the gimble.yuneec to upgrade/downgrade the gimble firmware.
Do each file individually one at a time, do not put all the files onto the card at the same time.
Autopilot file you not need to do unless you have wiped off the autopilot from the controller/camera

Insert sd card into the C23 and switch on the H Plus (do not have the controller switched on during this process)
Wait until the camera light goes green and then just to make sure it has finished leave for another 5 minutes

Switch off the H Plus and insert a normal sd card that has been formatted previously in the H Plus, wait for a full boot and then switch on the ST16S to check the file has been up or downgraded.
You cannot check that the gimble has been successful but in my case the vibration has now stopped so I can assume 1.08 did in fact take the downgrade.

To double check I re updated using this method back to gimble 1.10 and the vibration came back, I then downgraded back to 1.08 and viola vibration had gone.

Hope this explains the process good enough.

Chris
Thankyou Chris for this info on updating the camera / and or gimbal. I'm trying to download any new firmware to my drone itself but am not sure that the upgrade here that you mentioned covers the drone as well? But if not ; has yuneec stopped its support as by now 2023 for any updates/ upgrades for hplus... PRIORLY a couple of years prior I'd go onto the st16 and proceed thru the process and an update would pop up.... and I went from there....
In your tutorial here you mentioned about using a formatted sd card( an empty clean card correct?) To format/ update firmware on camera... sorry to ramble on here, but need to know so I may fly my hplus accurately and with current updates ... I hope and pray that this message gets to you ; for I know that many of these strings of messages are old dated and so on .... thanku Chris !

I look forward to hearing from you

John J Cavanaugh

You will find your answers in the document attached to this thread Way To Fix Drones project

It has the step by step instructions and links to the firmware and software.

Hello everyone, please let me ask if there is currently any new firmware for Typhoon h plus because I saw on the website that there is a new updated version v3.0 for typhoon h, I don't know if version 3.0 is updated for Is typhoon h plus possible because version 3.0 in the shooting mode settings has jpeg, DNG and Dng & jpeg and the panorama shooting mode has also changed, currently my device does not have the same settings as the v version. 3.0 , I hope everyone can help me, thank you very much

For the Typhoon H the last update (TyphoonH_Ver3.04) is from 2017. For H Plus I don't know exactly but I think the latest FW is from 2019 (for camera: TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_C_1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312).

What V3.0 do you refer to? What FW version do you have?

br HE

Yes, it is as you said, but I see that the updated version of Typhoon H v3.0 has the shooting mode settings jpeg, dng, dng&jpeg, panorama also improved, so I want to ask if the version of Typhoon H has been updated. Can I have typhoon h plus?

I don't understand why yuneec updates so slowly compared to DJI company, now in the 21st century yuneec progresses so slowly, I really regret buying a yuneec drone

Yes, I agree with you, but what I want is to have a separate DNG settings section because when shooting in DNG & JPEG mode, the camera saves time to the card so sometimes it is not necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval