Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to use Yuneec remotes with other brand drones

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am back to my old Yuneec drones once again. I have slowly been moving away from Yuneec since they are not supporting any of the drones I purchased from them. I have a TON of Yuneec stuff, remotes, parts, cameras, gimbals, etc. I am trying to use some of the Yuneec equipment with other builds. One of the main things I love about Yuneec is the remote. I have several of the ST10 and ST24 controllers that I am trying to use with drones I designed and built. Before I removed the receivers from the actual drone I made sure they were bound so I would not have issues trying to bind them together. I have searched for info on this and found something interesting and wanted to share it with everyone.

It is an old archived site but still worth reading.

I'm not sure about build a FW that uses SR24 for pixhawk. It should go anyhow. I have a Pixhawk Mini to test this. It's on the ToDo list for long winter nights.
PX4 autopilot has two files st24.h and st24.c in its software bundle to make it possible to use SR24 message format.
@dylanfm has made a converter SR24 to SBUS which allows to use the STxx remote controller to use with any SBUS compatible model.
Inspired by this I have tried a connection to Raspberry Pi to control whatever I want. The project is here:
There is also a updated description of the SR24 message format, valid for ST16.

br HE

I'm not sure about build a FW that uses SR24 for pixhawk. It should go anyhow. I have a Pixhawk Mini to test this. It's on the ToDo list for long winter nights.
PX4 autopilot has two files st24.h and st24.c in its software bundle to make it possible to use SR24 message format.
@dylanfm has made a converter SR24 to SBUS which allows to use the STxx remote controller to use with any SBUS compatible model.
Inspired by this I have tried a connection to Raspberry Pi to control whatever I want. The project is here:
There is also a updated description of the SR24 message format, valid for ST16.

br HE
Sounds great! I will follow your project and let you know if I can contribute anything.
I want to find a way to use these Yuneec transmitters and receivers with the Pixhawk, a Naza M V2, or even an Adrucopter flight controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rony Cley Barbosa
I did a quick review of PX4 autopilot configuration. Here I found the parameter RC_INPUT_PROTO. The value for ST24 is 4.
With RC_PORT_CONFIG you can assign on which UART the SR24 is connected.

Again I must say I have not tested anything with that but it may a point to start with.

br HE

Reactions: cabinfourus
I did a quick review of PX4 autopilot configuration. Here I found the parameter RC_INPUT_PROTO. The value for ST24 is 4.
With RC_PORT_CONFIG you can assign on which UART the SR24 is connected.

Again I must say I have not tested anything with that but it may a point to start with.

br HE
I am tied up with some other stuff right now but when I get some time I will see what I can figure out. Thanks for your input and work on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook