Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to waterproof your H.....

Reaction score
Watch this, extremely interesting.
I have contacted the manufacturer and they confirm it is ok to use on H

Watch this, extremely interesting.
I have contacted the manufacturer and they confirm it is ok to use on H
I assume you are talking about the CorrosionX. They recommended epoxy for the ESC's. I would have concerns about getting either of these on the barometer. Also the camera sensor would not tolerate this stuff.

Reactions: mcbutler
I assume you are talking about the CorrosionX. They recommended epoxy for the ESC's. I would have concerns about getting either of these on the barometer. Also the camera sensor would not tolerate this stuff.
I agree, you have to use a degree of common sense though. I think we all know that you cannot put it on the camera sensor. I do not know about the barometer as I have no idea how it works. Still the more of the H survives after a dunking the cheaper the repair bill.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jester
I agree, you have to use a degree of common sense though. I think we all know that you cannot put it on the camera sensor. I do not know about the barometer as I have no idea how it works. Still the more of the H survives after a dunking the cheaper the repair bill.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
That's just great... my plans to dip it in my lake to use the camera as a fish finder have just been dashed! Why did they even bother to put retractable landing gear then? ;)

Reactions: ChadCloses
That's just great... my plans to dip it in my lake to use the camera as a fish finder have just been dashed! Why did they even bother to put retractable landing gear then? ;)
Here you go. One of my waterproof builds:

I've had just enough issues with my TH that I get real nervous flying it over water, which sucks because I have a lake in my back yard that will soon be getting much bigger and wrapping around to the front of my house, plus my wife wants a pool, so that's going to be an issue I had better get over.
I just posted this video on youtube to show a friend of mine our new property, because he couldn't open it in an email. I let my teenage son move over to our guest house across the lake and wanted to go over and harass him through his windows, but I was having some issues with it since it came back from Yuneec so I haven't done it yet. I need to get more comfortable because, as you can see in the video, it will be a lot of water to be playing around when the lake is finished, or I'm going to be making long trips around it and needing much longer timed fuse chord to go wake him up with firecrackers being lowered down to his bedroom window. ;)
It's a lame video, but it was really just to see if I got the problems solved and then a friend wanted to see it. There's no sound and I made no effort to get better quality video.

I fly over water a lot as I do a lot of whitewater kayaking and rafting. I have built several waterproof and floating quads using the Dex shells for this purpose. I have had one flyaway and crash in whitewater and everything survived.
The Typhoon H is a great aerial photography machine but it is not waterproof and does not float. I have considered ways to make it so. It is also a large beast so not easy to take with me on the kayak or raft. I am still looking for the ideal solution. My latest build is a Dex Mini. I may add a GoPro Session5 to it.

Attachments

• DSC05216.JPG
    DSC05216.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 17
I fly over water a lot as I do a lot of whitewater kayaking and rafting. I have built several waterproof and floating quads using the Dex shells for this purpose. I have had one flyaway and crash in whitewater and everything survived.
The Typhoon H is a great aerial photography machine but it is not waterproof and does not float. I have considered ways to make it so. It is also a large beast so not easy to take with me on the kayak or raft. I am still looking for the ideal solution. My latest build is a Dex Mini. I may add a GoPro Session5 to it.
After I get some of my to-do list knocked down around here, I'm going to have to work on getting one of those for all the water sports we'll be doing here. I'm building a zipline, huge rope swing, and possibly a huge water slide into the lake so it would be cool to have one that I don't have to worry about getting wet for the close-up shots and just plain old screwing around.

After I get some of my to-do list knocked down around here, I'm going to have to work on getting one of those for all the water sports we'll be doing here. I'm building a zipline, huge rope swing, and possibly a huge water slide into the lake so it would be cool to have one that I don't have to worry about getting wet for the close-up shots and just plain old screwing around.
These are home built quads using shells from Croatia at dexmodels.com. They are extremely durable, lightweight and waterproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin