Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HPlus Stuck battery

Reaction score
H Plus battery stuck. Battery is the proper H Plus, was not swollen when inserted about 10 days ago and has regularly been Used, charged and discharged on my DY5. Will come out about one inch then hangs up. Feels like hanging up in the front of the battery. Battery 5 months old. I tried a cool pack on top of unit in case it had swollen while sitting. Didn’t help. Also turned unit upside and wiggled battery. No luck. Can’t find much on forum search.
Any idea other than taking the H Plus apart which I prefer not to do?

Battery..... was not swollen when inserted about 10 days ago
It almost certainly is now. Part of the mainboard is always powered up when the battery is inserted, even when the drone is off.
The front edge of the battery case's label openings are now arched out slightly. The center of the arc is acting like a tab, and is hanging on the first upper cross bar of the battery cage. Due to the battery compartment design, it is not likely to be hung on the bottom first cross bar, but may hang on the second when you get past the first. Removing the top shell and the Mainboard to get access is the only safe way to remove the battery. I suggest removing the top shell and mainboard, and carefully freeing the battery. If cutting the battery cage is required, then do it. The frame can be replaced.
Side cutters or similar should be used. Don't use a knife. Don't use anything to pry.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Here's a stuck battery
Thank you both of you. Very helpful I normally do not leave batteries in but in this case I intended to fly again and didnt due to wind. Battery stayed in. Dont recall seeing a warning about leaving battery in H, but I may have missed it. I’ll post an update after surgery. If battery cage is destroyed getting battery out, where can I get one?Yuneec is going downhill fast. Maybe Vertigo?

You know as much about Yuneec as we do. Can’t get them on the phone or on the website. We are owners just like you, no affiliation with Yuneec other than being a customer.

It is my understanding Yuneec USA has declared bankruptcy. I do not know how that affects the US service centers. As far as I know, they will continue to operate. Vertigo sent out a memo that service would be slow for awhile due to the pandemic. Note I'm just repeating what others have said. I have no direct contact with any of them.

It is my understanding Yuneec USA has declared bankruptcy. I do not know how that affects the US service centers. As far as I know, they will continue to operate. Vertigo sent out a memo that service would be slow for awhile due to the pandemic. Note I'm just repeating what others have said. I have no direct contact with any of them.
I’ve heard the same from Vertigo. Yuneec’s main man in CS is not responding to e mails and in all likelihood is gone. Too bad, he was good. Let’s hope they can restructure and get back in the game. I’m on my 4th H and still like it. I think the H3 could have been a winner. Thanks for your help.

Update on my battery issue. The forward frame on the battery was stuck on the drone cage that holds the battery. Not sure why as there was no swelling at all. Got it out without having to modify drone cage but ordered an extra cage from BandH just in case. Back in the air. Thanks

Glad you were able to get it out without destroying anything. One suggestion Bill. Don’t leave the battery in the aircraft. Remove it at the end of the flight and store in LiPo bags.

It's extra heat left in the copter, and longer to cool down, heat isn't our friend. Better out the in as they say!

Reactions: Mike Irish
Glad you were able to get it out without destroying anything. One suggestion Bill. Don’t leave the battery in the aircraft. Remove it at the end of the flight and store in LiPo bags.
My normal routine is to remove battery. Did not this time. Have Lipo bags too. Your assistance appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: Mrgs1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy