Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Husky Mobile Job Box

Reaction score
Thought one area for open discussion on the 35 in. Mobile Job Box would be Cool!
I talked to several of the companies that sell Hard cases for the Q500 sires with props in a Hard case with pricing ranging between $400 to $650. Kind of expensive I think. So I bought the 35” Job Box from the Big Box Store $50 (
Husky 35 in. Mobile Job Box-222167 - The Home Depot).
Now I’m trying to find someplace to have foam insert made, Anyone find a source to affordably make a soft rubber foam insert. I own a few hard cases that have the 1” square pull outs, they seem to fall apart over a short period of time, there are Videos of people tracing the foam and cutting it with an electric carving knife.
Anyway – thought maybe if anyone had any Ideas that might be helpful
Thanks for reading
PS: Yuneec maybe you guys could offer your customers a case for the Q500 series with props on?
here is a link to a members (Mtmtmt) case buid

Husky Case Modifications For Q500

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 35 Mobile Job Box.jpg
    35 Mobile Job Box.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 30
Give Peter a call at Aces deals and ask him. This one does not fit the 4K but he is getting one that does. He has inserts for the Pellican 1650 and the Husky box but they are not the same insert. These all allow it to be stored and transported with props on.

CUSTOM MADE Q500(+) FOAM INSERTS

BTW - Kip Allen on this forum has an insert from Aces for the Pellican 1650 that he is looking to sell very cheap.
good luck.

BTW - Kip Allen on this forum has an insert from Aces for the Pellican 1650 that he is looking to sell very cheap.
good luck.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip! I would perfer the Pelican 1650, much smaller the the Husky case!
How do I contact Kip Allen, I cant seam to find him?
I give Aces Deals - thanks

I saw a wonderful use of the husky job box on another forum.

He had cut and built up the foam to accommodate the bird, with props, the controller and batteries.

I kept a pic from his post for future reference but now need to find the post again sigh.

The pic?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Jersey Jigger
Aha
Found it.
It was in the yuneec-forum.com
An item posted by Todd entitled "My husky case modification"
He has pics and links for sources for the foam.

Thought one area for open discussion on the 35 in. Mobile Job Box would be Cool!
I talked to several of the companies that sell Hard cases for the Q500 sires with props in a Hard case with pricing ranging between $400 to $650. Kind of expensive I think. So I bought the 35” Job Box from the Big Box Store $50 (
Now I’m trying to find someplace to have foam insert made, Anyone find a source to affordably make a soft rubber foam insert. I own a few hard cases that have the 1” square pull outs, they seem to fall apart over a short period of time, there are Videos of people tracing the foam and cutting it with an electric carving knife.
Thanks for reading
PS: Yuneec maybe you guys could offer your customers a case for the Q500 series with props on?
Husky Case Modifications For. , try Carolinadronz.com or if you have your original phone from your box that which your copter came from that'll fit in the job box perfectly from what I understand so you could try your box from the copter company or the Above website

Thanks for reading

Thanks for reading
Case looks good

Thanks for reading

Thanks for reading

I have been working on one for the H.

Looked at cutting so as to leave props on but think any position would be too close to the edge to protect easily.

Should work with the Q500 though.

I am using Kaizen Foam from Kaizen Foam - FastCap - Woodworking Tools

Thought it as easy to order direct as to wait for a retailer to get some in.

They have some guidance videos on that site too.

Here's my work in progress .. Not too keen on the idea of having batteries in there too so saving some space for an Itelite antenna :)

Attachments

• Husky Box.JPG
    Husky Box.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval