Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I have question on 2 Typhoon H drones

Reaction score
This is the first time working with these. They were given to me.
one of the controllers has 2 antennas while the other has three antennas. The information stickers on both are identical model ST16 , 2016AJ1824, 1154B-ST16.
There are a few broken switches that I need to get replacements on the controllers as well as one missing antenna on the controller that only has 2 antennas.

looking forward to getting these in the air and having some fun.

The ST16’s are functionally identical. The 2 antenna version has the other 2.4GHz antenna placed internally. When using it have the wand antenna positioned straight up so it will be at a 90° angle to the internal antenna. If using the mushroom antenna for the 5.8GHz camera feed position it so it is like it is growing out of the ground (it is omnidirectional). If you are using the small square patch antenna keep the flat face of it pointed at the drone (it is more directional).

With the 3 antenna version keep the wand antennas up and pointing out at 45° angles so they form a 90° angle to each other. The same rules apply for the camera antenna types as in the paragraph above.

You can check YuneecSkins.com or VertigoDrones.com for any parts you need.

Keep in mind that you will need to get a Remote ID broadcast module to fly them. I use a HolyStone RID module myself.

My personal opinion is, the 3 antenna version is only cosmetic, no real advantage. If it is better then in only rare cases.
Firmware, software (apps) and internal hardware are the same for both ST16 versions.

BTW, you can use one ST16 for both drones. Create a separate model for each drone. OK, you can fly only one of them at the same time.

Last edited:
The only advantage to the 3 external antenna design is if you use a third party range extender.

This is the first time working with these. They were given to me.
one of the controllers has 2 antennas while the other has three antennas. The information stickers on both are identical model ST16 , 2016AJ1824, 1154B-ST16.
There are a few broken switches that I need to get replacements on the controllers as well as one missing antenna on the controller that only has 2 antennas.

looking forward to getting these in the air and having some fun.
Be aware that powering the controller up with a missing antenna can damage the associated transmitter.

If you have enough switches to make one full controller out of the two you can use the same controller for both drones until you get the missing parts.

My personal opinion is, the 3 antenna version is only cosmetic, no real advantage. If it is better then in only rare cases.
Firmware, software (apps) and internal hardware are the same for both ST16 versions.

BTW, you can use one ST16 for both drones. Create a separate model for each drone. OK, you can fly only one of them at the same time.
Thats what I'm going to try and setup . one for Drone 1 and the other for Drone 2

You can make 1 controller out of both as far as switches and whatnot. You can then program multiple drones to one controller. This is the way to go in my opinion, unless you plan to fly multiple at once, in which case, disregard my $0.02 lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasnorris0923