Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I hope you stocked up on batteries

Reaction score
Website
www.duffysaircraft.com
My two original Yuneec batteries need to be retired. So I decided to start looking for some replacement. The original Yuneec brand batteries are having issues retaining a charge.

I purchased two VenomPower batteries about 6 months after I started flying my H Plus. Knock on wood they are still good.

Anyway today I went to see if I could order two more and I am not finding anyone that has batteries in stock. At least not anyone in the US. Perhaps they can be shipped yet from China according to one Amazon.com seller, but who knows how long that will take.

Ugh!

Perhaps they can be shipped yet from China according to one Amazon.com seller, but who knows how long that will take.

It may take some extra time, but at least you can get them. There was a period of time last year when no batteries were to be found!

Reactions: Sully53
I purchased two VenomPower batteries about 6 months after I started flying my H Plus. Knock on wood they are still good.

If you are looking for Typhoon H Plus batteries these can still be found in stock at several retailers here in the US. And even if you are looking for Typhoon H batteries, they can still be found, though admittedly most times in aftermarket form.

Reactions: lsn618
My two original Yuneec batteries need to be retired. So I decided to start looking for some replacement. The original Yuneec brand batteries are having issues retaining a charge.

Anyway today I went to see if I could order two more and I am not finding anyone that has batteries in stock. At least not anyone in the US. Perhaps they can be shipped yet from China according to one Amazon.com seller, but who knows how long that will take.

Ugh!
Contact @Yuneec Skins on here as he is an approved vendor and most likely has some.

Contact @Yuneec Skins on here as he is an approved vendor and most likely has some.
He does not, i have been on his waiting list for months and no emails yet as to when they will be in stock... i have 3d printed my own battery housing and have some batteries i could use but i was holding off on doing that as yuneec skins told me over the phone months ago that they expected batteries very soon... So.......

He does not, i have been on his waiting list for months and no emails yet as to when they will be in stock... i have 3d printed my own battery housing and have some batteries i could use but i was holding off on doing that as yuneec skins told me over the phone months ago that they expected batteries very soon... So.......
Go to eBay and buy one of the battery adapters.
The adapters allow you to use standard LiPo batteries.
There is one for the Q500 and another for the Typhoon H.
The adapter for the Q500 allowes a huge range of battery shapes and sizes to be used.
The Typhoon H adapter needs specific dimensions for the battery but easily allows the use of 14.8v LiPo or 15.2v LiHv batteries. Fortunately the exact size battery that fits the Typhoon H has become one of the common standard sizes in the LiPo world.
You only need one adapter and will never need to buy another proprietary battery again. This future proofs our Yuneec drones.
The adapters also can move from one drone to another as easily as changing batteries.

No thanks, I dont need to go to ebay when i have everything i need to make my own .... all im saying i was waiting for yuneecskins as they said they were coming.... well that was months ago when i first signed up on the list... i had been watching his site months before that... they just arent coming anytime soon.... which is why i said i may go ahead and use one of my other batteries from other rc projects and go ahead and make them myself. Ive already printed the housing and hasnt cost me a dime so far...

No thanks, I dont need to go to ebay when i have everything i need to make my own .... all im saying i was waiting for yuneecskins as they said they were coming.... well that was months ago when i first signed up on the list... i had been watching his site months before that... they just arent coming anytime soon.... which is why i said i may go ahead and use one of my other batteries from other rc projects and go ahead and make them myself. Ive already printed the housing and hasnt cost me a dime so far...
Sounds good making your own battery adapter, best thing you can do is get away from the proprietary batteries.
Many drone companies go to extremes to make sure you can't use any other battery but their proprietary batteries. They use bizarre multiple wire connectors and or micro chips that are built into the batteries.
The good thing about the Yuneec drones is that only the battery and connector shape are unusual. Makes it super easy to convert to use standard batteries.

I'm guessing because the company that he has making them for him is still working on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval