Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I like the Wizard

Reaction score
Just tried out the wizard today.
nice to be able to leave the ST-16 behind.
Have to flip the Wizard into SMART mode to make the H follow you, I had it up about 150 feet, too many trees and phone poles around here. Never had a Drone follow me on a walk around the block before.
I would still be flying but got chased off by a thunderstorm.
I might be Crazy Bob, just not that crazy.

Have to flip the Wizard into SMART mode to make the H follow you, I had it up about 150 feet, too many trees and phone poles around here. Never had a Drone follow me on a walk around the block before.
150 ft is what I use to teach people to fly. Staying low is asking for trouble. I have newbies bring the uav above 150' and have at it. That way you can learn pilot mode and not worry about hitting anything. I have my wizard charged up and when the rain stops here I am going to try mine out as well. Yes there are things you can add to make the H a much better aircraft, but so far, I cannot imagine a more fun and capable platform in this price range.

Wizzard is a ten...........lots of fun....CCC mode not so much yet..........
I set up a scene I wanted to video, plotted the points, let the bird fly itself and I concentrated on the 360 deg camera. It was like team mode by myself.

Reactions: Brent D
Quick question. I have been reading through the Wizard instructions for my maiden Wizard flight. Does the Wizard come pre-bound to my H or do I have to do the bind procedure before 1st flight? Second question, when I switch back to the ST16 do I have to do a bind procedure?

Wizard must be bound. After when you go back to ST 16 flying it will rebind automatically.

Has anyone been able to tie your smartphone to the camera on the H so you can film while using the wizard? Mine connects but I never get a picture.

Has anyone been able to tie your smartphone to the camera on the H so you can film while using the wizard? Mine connects but I never get a picture.
I would be cautious about doing this. Trying to bind anything other than the H's controller (either ST16 or Wizard) could be catastrophic.

I would be cautious about doing this. Trying to bind anything other than the H's controller (either ST16 or Wizard) could be catastrophic.
There are videos showing how to connect with a phone plus the wizard. thee is an app for it by Yuneec. It is not dangerous.

How did you find the raise/lower landing gear using the wizard. As well how was the landing (did it land smoothly where you had intended?)

There are videos showing how to connect with a phone plus the wizard. thee is an app for it by Yuneec. It is not dangerous.
Okay. I personally wouldn't do it though. Sends shivers down my spine. There have been enough unexplained control errors here to worry about let alone trying to hook up another device.
If someone wants to use that and it woks, cool. I just tend to err on the side of caution. Maybe I'm getting old.;)

The wizard would be pretty worthless if you still had to use the ginormous controller to turn the camera on and frame the shot. There is a CGO3 smartphone app for this purpose but I can't get it to work.

The wizard would be pretty worthless if you still had to use the ginormous controller to turn the camera on and frame the shot. There is a CGO3 smartphone app for this purpose but I can't get it to work.
Is the app for the CGO3 or the CGO3plus?
I have an app for the CGO3 for using the handheld unit. It akes a little while for the camera to link to the phone but it works well. I dont know if the same app works with the CGO3plus as they have not come out with a hand held unit for that camera.

Yes, I have. Download the Yuneec CGO3 app. You need to link your iPhone to the CGO3 wifi signal. After linking to CGO3 wifi account, Open the app and your iPhone will serve as the camera monitor. It works well when using the Wizard or in Team mode when piloting the H with a 2nd person operating the camera.

Reactions: NFB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz