Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need a little assistance

Reaction score
I had the firmware installed for flying in and around airports and after sitting in the case for a long while I can't even get the motors to fire up in my yard. I have clearance to fly up to 100 agl in my location. The wife and I are wanting to go out on a road trip and take in the fall colors before they are gone.
The ST-16 gives me the warning about being in a no fly zone and the "H" blink purple three times and repeats. No beeps or other sounds unless I press the red motor switch.
Any help will be appreciated.

The three blinks and repeat is normal while it is waiting to acquire enough satellites. You mentioned you have not flown it in awhile. You may need to leave it powered on, with a good view of the sky, until it updates it's GPS catalog. That can take awhile after a long storage.

Look under the GPS label at the left side of the screen. Does it say "Ready" or does it say "Acquiring"?

Did you have the permanent NFZ unlock or the 3 month code that gets installed through the GUI? If it is the 3 month one, you need to get online and request another. The code will be sent via email.

I guess I had the three month and did not know it. Is it easy to get a hold of CS to get it?

The three blinks and repeat is normal while it is waiting to acquire enough satellites. You mentioned you have not flown it in awhile. You may need to leave it powered on, with a good view of the sky, until it updates it's GPS catalog. That can take awhile after a long storage.

Look under the GPS label at the left side of the screen. Does it say "Ready" or does it say "Acquiring"?
I had a laps of flying between 8/13 to 9/30. It only took me 5 minutes before acquiring 11+ satellites to fly on H and the monitor. Flew like a charm.

No Fly Zone Release | Yuneec USA

use this link on a full browser (not mobile) and follow instructions

Just heads up to @ThunderChicken and others. I attempted several times yesterday to use the link above and after entering all the info and submitting the form the website would time out. So I put in for a Support Call and the tech B. Shelton could see where my information had been submitted and he sent the file in an email. He said they were having issues with that portion of the website.
I could get all info submitted using Google Chrome, but Internet Explorer didn’t work properly with their JavaScript (MS Edge does not support Java).
I also learned that even with the changes in the FAA laws, you will still need a Part 107 cert to get the full NFZ unlock for your TH. Ticks me off when companies lock you out of what you can legally do for flight just to cover their corporate backsides.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop