Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need advice or assistance if the right person reads this... regarding my Mantis Q! Please help!

Let me add to this dumb comment . i was flying for fun i clearly stated that genious. I was just getting use to some of the features! Idiot

Was your Mantis Q a stock machine or had you or anyone else made any type of modifications to the craft?

Just curious since the proper Sensor files can’t be found. Trying to come up with a reason for the lack of valid telemetry getting stored on your phone. I’m running out of ideas. All other Mantis Q owners that have had problems, have had valid telemetry data. We are pretty much down to our last straw trying to figure this out.

Evidently you have no clue what 107 is about!
My comment s are very relevant, you made a statement and I'm challenging you on the rule flying at night.
Whether you are flying as a hobbyist (for fun) or are certified pilot, you cannot fly 30 minutes after sunset.

FAA Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet – Small Unmanned Aircraft Regulations (Part 107)

"You can fly during daylight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) or in twilight with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station."

Request a Part 107 Waiver or Operation in Controlled Airspace

Determine the kind of waiver or authorization you need to perform your Part 107 operation. Common requests include the options below. View the complete list of Part 107 regulations subject to waiver.

Flying at night (§ 107.29)
Flying directly over a person or people (§ 107.39)
Flying from a moving vehicle or aircraft, not in a sparsely populated area (§ 107.25)
Flying multiple aircraft with only one pilot (§ 107.35)
Flying beyond the pilot's visual line-of-sight (§ 107.31)
Flying above 400 feet (§ 107.51B)
Flying near airports / in controlled airspace (§ 107.41)

Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines for Part 107 Waiver Applications

Last edited:
@DoomMeister , there was no mods what so ever . i had just bought it 2 days prior. Still nothing from yuneec. Still baffled at some files have the data and some dont . all of them are titled in the app under flightlog as yuneec date time numbers .log
If everybody else with a mantis q can view there logs why is mine the only one thats encrypted and has to be sent to hq ? Thats the only things ive heard from yuneec 9 days ago was . im not able to view my logs because the mantis is new and it was encrypted (not in plain text) and has to be sent to hq. Will be in touch shortly . that was 9 days ago and i havent even got a reply to my emails, no return calls after waiting for hours . Oh yuneex support "Mitch M" gave me some 5 star advice and also awesome tech support by saying " just keep looking" wow that's training at its finest .

Day 11

@DoomMeister i really do appreciate you trying to help. Honestly

Brian

There is no doubt that the Mantis Q is new and there may still be some things that will be improved as time goes on. That being said, the telemetry files on the newer aircraft are moving away from being plain text readable, to thwart efforts to fake files and protect the company's reputation and liability claims. The Mantis Q is the first consumer level drone by Yuneec to use this method of recording telemetry, and it records much more than the old style .csv files. The Sensor files are much harder to extract information from, but also almost bullet proof from being faked.

I have dealt with Mitch at Yuneec CS on several occasions and found him to be fairly easy to deal with. There are things I inquired about that he was not at liberty to divulge, but as far as being knowledgeable in his job he is good at what he does. Since you have a case open with Yuneec, they had to have requested the telemetry files at some point and doing so they would have sent instructions for retrieving them from your Android device.

You are correct that a commercial UAV pilot can fly for fun under the 336 rules as long as that flight starts and ends under those rules. Hobbyist pilots can fly at night, but must have lighting (which would require modification to the Mantis Q) to allow it to be seen at a distance of 3 miles (so other aircraft can avoid it) and so orientation can be ascertained in the dark or low light conditions. These are the same things a commercial pilot has to have on the aircraft to be able to get a waiver to fly at night. Flying as a hobbyist does not relieve a person from the responsibilities of equipping their craft for the flight conditions they encounter. This includes keeping proper distance from clouds and fog which can impair the ability of a GA pilot to see your drone.

In a last ditch effort I am trying to contact Yuneec CS to get information pertaining to how they instruct a person to get the Mantis Q telemetry from an Android device. Once I get that information I will relay those instructions to you, and we will try this one last time. In the meantime I expect you to refrain from anymore comments about Yuneec CS or other members (that are commercial pilots and know the rules that govern both commercial and hobbyist flights.

You told me my problems were with yuneec not this forum. Should have contacted me by now . why are in the middle of it now ? You told me to take it up with yuneec . im confused now . yuneec doesnt reply to me so someone thsy doesnt not work for them is going to handle it ? What is going on here?? I never said handle this? You are telling me to wait for i instructions? No way im tired of waiting its be nearlt 2 weeks and nobody has contacted me but only ignored me . i have been patient and not once rude when tryin to contact them . this is crazy .

Just frustrated i mean nothing personal to anybody. Thanks for everybody that tried to helo and to you @DoomMeister. I do apprieacate it aswell . ive done all i can do so its time for yuneec to step up and make it right. 2 weeks is to long . doom sense you are the middle man now please let them no i need to hear from them tomorrow please . its extremely important they contact me .

Thanks
Brian

There is no doubt that the Mantis Q is new and there may still be some things that will be improved as time goes on. That being said, the telemetry files on the newer aircraft are moving away from being plain text readable, to thwart efforts to fake files and protect the company's reputation and liability claims. The Mantis Q is the first consumer level drone by Yuneec to use this method of recording telemetry, and it records much more than the old style .csv files. The Sensor files are much harder to extract information from, but also almost bullet proof from being faked.

I have dealt with Mitch at Yuneec CS on several occasions and found him to be fairly easy to deal with. There are things I inquired about that he was not at liberty to divulge, but as far as being knowledgeable in his job he is good at what he does. Since you have a case open with Yuneec, they had to have requested the telemetry files at some point and doing so they would have sent instructions for retrieving them from your Android device.

You are correct that a commercial UAV pilot can fly for fun under the 336 rules as long as that flight starts and ends under those rules. Hobbyist pilots can fly at night, but must have lighting (which would require modification to the Mantis Q) to allow it to be seen at a distance of 3 miles (so other aircraft can avoid it) and so orientation can be ascertained in the dark or low light conditions. These are the same things a commercial pilot has to have on the aircraft to be able to get a waiver to fly at night. Flying as a hobbyist does not relieve a person from the responsibilities of equipping their craft for the flight conditions they encounter. This includes keeping proper distance from clouds and fog which can impair the ability of a GA pilot to see your drone.

In a last ditch effort I am trying to contact Yuneec CS to get information pertaining to how they instruct a person to get the Mantis Q telemetry from an Android device. Once I get that information I will relay those instructions to you, and we will try this one last time. In the meantime I expect you to refrain from anymore comments about Yuneec CS or other members (that are commercial pilots and know the rules that govern both commercial and hobbyist flights.
Reread omy detsils on flight. It was a extremely light uo area . guess you missed that aswell. The only reason im here now was because of a malfunction of some sort . but where i was flying it has 1000s of ft of lighting. So no i was not in violation. Thank you

Reread omy detsils on flight. It was a extremely light uo area . guess you missed that aswell. The only reason im here now was because of a malfunction of some sort . but where i was flying it has 1000s of ft of lighting. So no i was not in violation. Thank you

Is there anything in the app to find missing dorne cuz all I have is andriod smart phone and drone never came back on return to home !! 500.00 just flew away

Is there anything in the app to find missing dorne cuz all I have is andriod smart phone and drone never came back on return to home !! 500.00 just flew away
I have been flying for 5 months every day and I look at flight logs and there is only ten recorded and I bought this 5 months ago so I cant even get the cordinence!! Sound like yunecc messed up

Hello - is someone able to help me read my logs files....trying to find a lost drone.

Thank you!
Steve C.
sjcinatl @ gmail dot com

Sorry for your loss. Sent you a mail.

There are differnet file names for the log files depending on your device and firmware:
- FlyLog_2020_*
- yuneec_2020_*.log

Try to find the logs on the device where the app is running. We need the latest files.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
From FlyLog_2020_09_01_13_17_43:
18 00:02:21 CRITICAL: 'vehicle command 176 (1 4 2 0)'
19 00:02:21 INFO: '(3,11)TAKEOFF MODE'
25 00:02:21 INFO: 'Takeoff detected'
317 00:02:25 CRITICAL: 'State: 10 to 2 after takeoff'
35091 00:11:47 CRITICAL: 'vehicle command 176 (1 4 6 0)'
35095 00:11:47 INFO: '(3,41)BEGIN TO AUTOLAND'
36950 00:12:17 INFO: 'Disarmed by abnormal motor'
36951 00:12:17 INFO: 'Automated flight complete'
36952 00:12:17 CRITICAL: '(1,61)MOTOR 1 ERROR IS 4'

The last position was at ~10m (~30ft) height.
ScreenshotAltitude.png
Looks like it hit a branch with propellers (first motor 1). I think it is hanging in that tree:
suspect_tree.jpg

br HE

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval