Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I NEED TO BUY A PC FOR MY NEW H PRO.

Reaction score
I apparently need a Windows PC to properly run the GUI. My old Q500 had a Mac compatible program! :mad:

I have this old 15 year old HP laptop that I used but it shuts down whenever it wants to. Looks like I have to spend another $200 + on a Windows laptop to properly access the GUI. I travel often with my drones and some times have to adjust height/geofence values for certain locations) I only have Macs in my home and I can't understand why Yuneec has not developed a program for H owners who only have Macs? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there.

So I found a $200 Asus Chromebook on B&H site but, I guess it doesn't have Windows OS. Will the GUI work on a Chromebook? Sorry for the dump question but, I really have not kept up with non Mac gear for many years. Thanks. :D

Found this by doing a search for Mac GUI:

I run the GUI on my Mac under VM Fusion.
screen-capture-png.4241

Load up a Windows 7 VM and connect the USB to the TH. I get prompted to which machine I wish to connect it to, I choose Windows 7. Launch the GUI and it see the TH.

Works fine.

Reactions: m5zealot
What???? More witchcraft! LOL After my horrible experiences with Windows as a young man, I completely disavowed myself from anything Windows (sorry Windows people) so much I didn't even want to download Parrallels on any of my Macs.

Looks like it's $79 bucks for VM fusion? How much room does it take up? I really don't want to load any other OS in my new Macbook pro. :( Also, do I need to buy a copy of Windows 10 for this to work? Thanks

Last edited:
Unfortunately you need a copy of Windows too. Creating a VM in VMWare Fusion does nothing more than create a file on your Mac which contains the virtual machine (in this instance, a virtual Windows PC). You don't need to create a second partition or dual boot. If you decide you want your space back just copy the VM to a removable drive and delete it from your Mac. If you have a copy of Windows you could just use VirtualBox for free instead of VMWare Fusion. If you download Windows and install it as a VM, install the Yuneec GUI, then take a snapshot. You should be able to use it for a month without activating it. Once the month is up, just restore the original snapshot and start the VM, you'll have another month, etc.

I used to be a fan of Apple until they stopped innovating after Steve's passing and just started following Microsoft. I'm now disavowed from both of them. Snow Leopard 10.6 was the last best Mac OS, and Windows 7 from Microsoft. I'm currently using Mavericks. I'll never use Yosemite or its horrible offspring. The new dongle obsessed non Pro MacBook with touch strip is an over priced joke, so is Windows 10. With VM's I can embrace the past, use Windows 7, XP, or Linux when I need them and be a happy Luddite until such time either Microsoft or Apple start innovating again. Right now they're just flashy commodities.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well said @gwhuntoon. I don't use Mac and Win10 sucks. It looks like the new class of grads working at MSoft were trying to create a scrapbook for apps. I had to be dragged away from XP but living quietly now with WIN 7.

Thanks for the assistance guys! I'm not a Apple fan boy but, all I can say is I have never had any of my Apple machines, freeze, crash or break. I have never had to call for Tech support to somewhere in India either. One thing I cherish - at least for now - is not maintaining an antirus app or software. I loved my first Dell computer until it stopped working a day after the warranty ran out. Don't get me started on my 4 HP's after that. :p I do a lot of video production and Macs just seem to be made for editing 4K footage with no issues. But, please let's not get into a pissing contest over this. I will go ahead and buy a Windows laptop so I can truly say I can work with both platforms.

NP. BTW - I forgot to mention that a Chromebook won't let you run the GUI but any cheap PC / Notebook should come with Windows in some form. $200 sounds about right.

I have tried to create a Mac Wine Bottler package for the GUI but so far to no avail.

NP. BTW - I forgot to mention that a Chromebook won't let you run the GUI but any cheap PC / Notebook should come with Windows in some form. $200 sounds about right.

I have tried to create a Mac Wine Bottler package for the GUI but so far to no avail.

For what it's worth, I got a really cheap HP for the GUI. It's so bad it cannot connect to the internet without being immediately attacked. I load any .exe onto my mac and then bring over by SD card. It gets used only for firmware issues and did save me when I got bricked out back in November. It's a clunky piece of plastic though and adding it to traveling would be a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: GlideAL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tparker1