Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I think I have concluded that CCC mode has a very dumb flaw.

It's soo cool that the Typhoon H has its own GUI....

When the TH+ flies a CCC, does it indeed hit the points, and just creates a spline in between the points (including actual start prior to point 1)? or does it also calculate a smooth route and approximate new (nearby) points for the waypoints?

SO, just playing the ignorant card here, but why in the first place did Yuneec make CCC? What advantage is there in making the waypoints "curved" between them? My personal thinking is that I want the drone to go exactly where I tell it to go, with straight lines between points. Don't understand why "curving" is a good strategy.

SO, just playing the ignorant card here, but why in the first place did Yuneec make CCC? What advantage is there in making the waypoints "curved" between them? My personal thinking is that I want the drone to go exactly where I tell it to go, with straight lines between points. Don't understand why "curving" is a good strategy.

It is called "Curved" cable cam. So it seems they meant it to work like this. And agin, the H+ is intended to be an aerial photography/videography platform, so the need for grid like lines is not as important as smooth flowing lines. The 520 will give you straight-line grid flights.

It is primarily a videography tool; one that allows seamless movement along a prescribed path that will allow the operator to then take control of the camera in order to get shots that are impossible to get flying manually or without a second operator flying in Team Mode. If one looks at the CCC as a flying tool of some sort then yes; it may seem odd to them, but to someone who wants to get very smooth, cinematic flowing shots - CCC is the tool. The fact that its accuracy of hitting the points is not so perfect is relatively a non-issue once the operator understands the parameters he or she must work within.

If Yuneec had set CCC to fly point-to-point, and do abrupt turns in order to satisfy some sort of 'accurate' path following - it would then be useless as a videography tool and in most respects useless as a mapping tool for the obvious reasons and then, might just be a novelty that some might use to show that their drone can fly autonomously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop