Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I used the Typhoon instead of the Phantom - Video looks good!

Reaction score
I have 28 videos on my YouTube channel, and for the most part all the aerial footage in the those videos is from a Phantom 2 or 3 (Standard, Advanced or Professional). Well, since I had recently put out a video on how to get great image quality out of the CGO3+ camera, I felt it best to use the Typhoon for all the aerial views in my latest video. Again, I'm impressed with the video quality. No filters were used. I just set the White Balance to what I was shooting and manually set the Exposure.

Looks great. The rock face of the quarry comes up really well. It seems like there were some quite dark shadows and some bright sunshine to contend with but you managed to balance it nicely. Colour looked a little cool in places, kind of green blue. It could be youtube, my screen or that I'm mistaken.

The on screen title spells scuba with a k.

**** Capt.
What a beautiful place to film in. I always thought UAV stood for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle not Underwater Aerial Vehicle?
I could spend the whole day filming there just to hone my skills. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Looks great. The rock face of the quarry comes up really well. It seems like there were some quite dark shadows and some bright sunshine to contend with but you managed to balance it nicely. Colour looked a little cool in places, kind of green blue. It could be youtube, my screen or that I'm mistaken.

The on screen title spells scuba with a k.
Thank you. It was really hard to film using the CGO3+ due to the rising sun causing extreme brights and midnight darks. It didn't help that all the quarry rock surrounding on the outside of the hole was white/grey in colour.

I really had to play with the exposure due to all the lighting. If I exposed for the shade than everything in the sun was blown out, so had to go with a happy medium.

The 'skuba' was due to me using one of the diving company names. I should have left it as 'scuba'.

**** Capt.
What a beautiful place to film in. I always thought UAV stood for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle not Underwater Aerial Vehicle?
I could spend the whole day filming there just to hone my skills. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I'm sure you and I are going to see the day not too far off where all camera drones can film aerial and underwater. Now that will be cool!

Wow, what can I say, you are the man.
I really like your videos, You have been at it for awhile. Now that I know how to fly my H smooth, I am concentrating on my
camera settings and most of all since your video explaining white balance and how you do it.
I have been using up batteries just to perfect my videos. I thank you for what knowledge you have...

Again! put the H in the the hands of someone who knows what they are doing and this is what happens! Stunning video I salute you sir

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
This has got to be amongst the best video ever filmed with this thing. You definitely have the H dialed in.
Nice.
Thank you. Not all of my video turns out well, unfortunately. I'm starting to get the hang of what works and doesn't work with the camera. Exposure is a big item... reduced exposure keeps the image sharp and crisp.

Wow, what can I say, you are the man.
I really like your videos, You have been at it for awhile. Now that I know how to fly my H smooth, I am concentrating on my
camera settings and most of all since your video explaining white balance and how you do it.
I have been using up batteries just to perfect my videos. I thank you for what knowledge you have...
You're very welcome.

My biggest tip for great looking videos is to really make use of the rabbit/turtle mode. The bit rate on the camera is average so smooth slow shots using the turtle mode allows for great looking video. I vary it on mine. If flying and filming straight ahead I'm on rabbit mode and then if I'm about to take a corner or adjust my flight line, I move the right speed control closer to turtle mode for the turn or course correction.

If flying with camera looking down with 70% of the ground in the shot, I fly in turtle mode. I can always speed it up in post editing.

Also if you're in turtle mode and pan the camera up or down it moves silky smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis