Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I want to know about Channel setting

There are threads here that detail both flight control and gimbal tweaks that you can do with the ST16 and the Typhoon H 480. There are some good you tube tutorials as well.

Something to bear in mind. If you fail to make a note of OEM channel settings prior to making changes you can end up making your aircraft unflyable. Many have done precisely that and lacked the ability to return the settings to OEM positions because they failed to record a starting point.

Correcting that issue is not a covered warranty repair.

Something to bear in mind. If you fail to make a note of OEM channel settings prior to making changes you can end up making your aircraft unflyable. Many have done precisely that and lacked the ability to return the settings to OEM positions because they failed to record a starting point.

Correcting that issue is not a covered warranty repair.

Yes... taking quick pics of the screens with your phone is invaluable. ?

Thanks for posting that. It well demonstrates how what might seem a small change can end up as a disaster.

So basically what benefits could you get from messing around with theses settings? Personally I find it strange why people want to try and tweak for sometimes such little benefit. But that's just me.Of course it's great to know how things function and the processes involved, but...

Exponential is what many look to alter to soften control response to movement of a stick, slider, or knob around center. Expo, rates (mild, oh this is fun, OMG), and trim adjustment are features that have been used by fixed and rotary wing RC people for many years but consumer drone transmitters are usually not set up to take advantage of adjustments in those areas. When consumer drone makers do provide them they bugger things up with poor descriptions, lack of instructions, and mis-naming.

Reactions: rdonson
So basically what benefits could you get from messing around with theses settings? Personally I find it strange why people want to try and tweak for sometimes such little benefit. But that's just me.Of course it's great to know how things function and the processes involved, but...
I didn't know that the arm button & the throttle were were mixed on the same channel, but after the H crashed, I was extremely motivated to find the cause.
Did you see the video of the troubled flight. At the time I was NOT happy.

I didn't know that the arm button & the throttle were were mixed on the same channel, but after the H crashed, I was extremely motivated to find the cause.
Did you see the video of the troubled flight. At the time I was NOT happy.
It's a shame that someone has to have pain to enlighten I was trying to put across that knowledge works in many ways and how we execute it, we can successfully "tweak" something, but push and it all goes wrong, understand and know the limitations, or for some "back off I not touching that" it's all personal choice, I very happy dealing with situations on the ground, with something that fly's I'm a little more wary, seen lots of crashes with model aircraft which was a learning curve. I feel the copter pretty much does what it's suppose to do, keeping it going is now the big question with support and spares becoming a problem. Fitting of parts and a few mods like the Steadydrive posted on here are fine, I certainly wouldn't consider 3rd party props, I'm sorry you had to have a crash, hopefully it's just one or a small isolated incident.

Bonjour. J'ai la case de ma ST16 grisé "Channel Settings"... Par ailleurs, ma caméra pointe vers le bas systématiquement... Pourriez-vous m'apporter votre aide ?

Translation:

Hello. I have the box of my ST16 grayed out "Channel Settings" ... Besides, my camera always points down ... Could you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
To access Channel Settings you need to go into System Settings, Other Settings and switch Advanced Mode to ON.

There are other things that will affect the camera other than the Channel Settings. In most cases it is best to leave them at default values unless you know exactly what you are changing and why you are changing them.

For the camera gimbal issue the first thing to do is power on just the aircraft with the camera attached. During initialization the camera should face forward and point level with the horizon. If this happens then you can power the ST16 on go into System Settings and Hardware monitor. Check that K2 is working properly. If K2 appears good in the Hardware Monitor exit back to the main program and double tap the VOLTS icon at the upper left to bring up the final output display. Now move K2 and observe CH07 ranges from -100% with K2 full up to 100% with K2 full down.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88chh