Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

If you are a lawyer?

Reaction score
Please pm me?

It's for all of us beta testers. Don't hang us out to dry.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
We were told it was all going to be modules. We could add on, it would be plug and play. Now the st16 has three antennas, I can only get out to bout 1000ft not 1.1 Km. The camera is 50 Mbps not a 100. On my original preorder I ordered the works then was told to get the advance I can add on. There are bout 25% of THs that are bad. This last FW did me in.

Let me know about that Dragonflyerthom....I have 2 ive had to send in twice each. Because of random problems.

We were told it was all going to be modules. We could add on, it would be plug and play. Now the st16 has three antennas, I can only get out to bout 1000ft not 1.1 Km. The camera is 50 Mbps not a 100. On my original preorder I ordered the works then was told to get the advance I can add on. There are bout 25% of THs that are bad. This last FW did me in.

Drag,
What about the last FW did you in?

I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

It is modular - the modules are taking time to come out, but it's still only a couple of months after the platform went on sale and demand has meant they have no spare capacity.
I'm not sure I've ever seen promises about range, because everyone accepts it's highly variable depending on conditions.
You're making a lot of assumptions about what they're going to do with the 3 antenna ST-16 - has anyone spoken to an official representative to find out the upgrade path?
The camera is challenging, but again we don't actually know what Yuneec's position on this is, so legal threats aren't going to get you far.
For 'bad' Typhoons, including crashes, they seem to be very happy to repair and replace as appropriate - that's a lot better than others in the industry.
The new firmware seems to be an overall improvement, but as with any firmware upgrade, caveat emptor and all that - get the dealer to do it and only if you're certain you need the benefits.
For all of your issues, there are people getting some great flights and footage out of the H, and it seems that Yuneec are working on improving the platform, even if a lot of stuff is happening behind closed doors.

You're making a lot of assumptions that they're selling in bad faith, and pulling them into a lawsuit is not going to actually help anyone - it won't get you a better drone, it won't make Yuneec more communicative and it will make everyone (apart from lawyers) poorer.

You would do better to actually talk to a senior Yuneec representative (not a dealer or sales guy) and find out what their plans are. Yuneec themselves need to learn how to communicate better with their customers, but that's not a basis for a lawsuit, it's just poor business.

Now the st16 has three antennas, I can only get out to bout 1000ft not 1.1 Km. The camera is 50 Mbps not a 100. On my original preorder I ordered the works then was told to get the advance I can add on. There are bout 25% of THs that are bad. This last FW did me in.
The camera now drops out. Before I would get 5 min segments, now I get little snippets that are seconds to a minute thirty. Was three five minute segments, now 8/10 pieces that has no continuity. It takes a while for the video to reconnect. I was getting 900/1000 ft now it goes out and stops at 600 ft. The firmware has not been good to me.
Yuneec needs to address the problems we have.
If there is a fix then fix it.
There is a camera and transmitter problem on both the camera and st16 transmission. I have my original TH. Most of my problems were waiting on the new FW. It didn't fix it at all. It went from bad to terrible. I know I won't get my money back now but I can become a pain in yuneecs posterior. These are just a few of my gripes. There are more. This is my first statement of my problem. I'm not a whiners.

Last edited:
Reactions: humboldt 707
Hoss this is electronics, you open it up you bought it. Besides I want Yuneec to make good on this there is no moving on. The TH is a new middle grade consumer product for the non commercial application. I'm doing this for all of us.

You must define a class and how the CLASS was "wronged.". You also must define what relief you expect and why you feel justified in said relief. You also have to prove that Yuneec made NO "good faith" effort to respond.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, but good luck with all of that.

In the end, even if you pulled all of that together, there likely ain't enough money in this for an attorney to represent it. Just telling you like it is.

Hate to burst your bubble because we've all been there at some point in our lives, but the above is the reality that stops most of us dead in our tracks.

The best vote is with your pocketbook in this case.

While all of your complaints are justified in my opinion the only point you could sue over is the camera not being 100mbps. This was false advertising and not on. However the other points...

The range/picture dropping out could be due to local circumstances (car companies are not sued for unrealistic mpg figures achieved in labs)
We are told the modules are coming but this was never promised.
The ST16 being upgraded - Upgrades happen all the time to electronics (phone manufacturers are not sued for upgrading their phones)
Firmware updates are usually done at the owners risk

I'm not defending Yuneec, I'm just pointing out that I don't think (other than the camera issue) there is a case.

The camera now drops out. Before I would get 5 min segments, now I get little snippets that are seconds to a minute thirty. Was three five minute segments, now 8/10 pieces that has no continuity. It takes a while for the video to reconnect. I was getting 900/1000 ft now it goes out and stops at 600 ft. The firmware has not been good to me.
Yuneec needs to address the problems we have.
If there is a fix then fix it.
There is a camera and transmitter problem on both the camera and st16 transmission. I have my original TH. Most of my problems were waiting on the new FW. It didn't fix it at all. It went from bad to terrible. I know I won't get my money back now but I can become a pain in yuneecs posterior. These are just a few of my gripes. There are more. This is my first statement of my problem. I'm not a whiners.
Could it be that your update was a bad 'take'? Maybe another attempt to update may solve it? I dunno. I never install updates until a month has passed to see what issues are produced.

Reactions: humboldt 707
I want you to be happy but won't they give you your money back or a new one under the warranty

Guys you really need to take a chill pill. We already lost one of our notable members due to being argumentative. I don't know what I'm going to do thanks for all input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval