Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I'M BEING PUBLISHED!

Reaction score
So...I got into drones a couple of years ago. My first larger drone was a Quanum Nova from Hobbyking with a gopro gimbal and a hero 3+ black. So one day in 2015 i was in Louisiana visiting my cousin, had my dog with me and flew my drone. My dog loves to chase the drone forever! She was jumping up at it feverishly trying to get it, and she can really jump. So of course i was rolling and just pointed the camera straight down. The video camee out great!. I also took a frame grab at her highest point and her mouth was wide open. Then i found a site called dronstagram.com, Instagram for drones and submitted the picture. Not to long after that they asked permission to use the image at a trade show in France to which i agreed. Now i got an email today letting me know they are publishing a book and they chose my picture to be in it! I am so excited! So does this count as "being published"? Anyway i get a free copy when it comes out in spring of 2017.

Bill W.

Reaction score
So...I got into drones a couple of years ago. My first larger drone was a Quanum Nova from Hobbyking with a gopro gimbal and a hero 3+ black. So one day in 2015 i was in Louisiana visiting my cousin, had my dog with me and flew my drone. My dog loves to chase the drone forever! She was jumping up at it feverishly trying to get it, and she can really jump. So of course i was rolling and just pointed the camera straight down. The video camee out great!. I also took a frame grab at her highest point and her mouth was wide open. Then i found a site called dronstagram.com, Instagram for drones and submitted the picture. Not to long after that they asked permission to use the image at a trade show in France to which i agreed. Now i got an email today letting me know they are publishing a book and they chose my picture to be in it! I am so excited! So does this count as "being published"? Anyway i get a free copy when it comes out in spring of 2017.

Bill W.
That is great. Can you share the photo?

Reactions: BillyTexas
Reaction score

Bill W.
Good stuff Billy T !!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to getting the book. Yall should consider joining Dronestagram.

Bill W.

Reaction score
IMG_0190.JPG I see the shadow of the drone being more of a Phantom than an H? Nothing wrong with it:) Here's a similar pic of my dog.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I think it counts as being both published and recognized. I would prefer the latter if I only got to choose one.

Reaction score

Bill W.
Fantastic!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harris