Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 wifi interference

Reaction score
I was attempting to fly a H520 & E90 yesterday for a building inspection of the attached factory buildings. When the drone got level with the microwave antennae on the rooftop the video signal dropped out and the camera connection disappeared. I tried several times, with the launch distance being about 30m (100') from the building, with the same problem each time. I then tried the same with an E50 attached. It worked fine.
So my question is - does the E50 have a different connection to the ST16s, or just a more robust one?DJI_0999.JPGDJI_0999.JPG

@Vaklin is very correct. There is no functional difference in the WIFI.
But there is a mechanical difference that may matter. The communications ribbon on the E50 is much heavier built and much shorter than the ribbon on the E90. The E90 ribbon is also shared with many other functions not directly related to WIFI. And the E90 ribbon and has a history of degradation, both traumatic and general, long term performance loss. The WIFI board in the E90 is arranged differently but appears to be mostly the same components and certainly works the same way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold