Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!! POSSIBLE BRICK

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi

Do not connect the H520 via the USB cable to the computer and the QGroundControl. The H520 will bricked!!!!!!

I have received this news and as it is very worrying, it is better that you know it and take it into account. Even if they are not officially confirmed. Don't do it. Don't do it.

@S2nch0 tells us how the H520 is blocked.

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I was just downloading logs. Didn’t change anything nor tried to otherwise control the drone with QGC. I had quite a many log files to download and after about 30 already loaded files QGC stopped downloading and gave an error. I reconnected the drone and after that nothing happened anymore. After that I took usb cable off and tried to restart the drone. Since that I have not been able to switch off the drone or connect it with st16s.

Last edited:
Only directly the H520, Arruntus, not the ST16s? Because I directly recover the flight logs of st16s by USB on the laptop.

Last edited:
While I appreciate the warnings @arruntus , it would be helpful to have more information than just 'I Heard, Don't Do It'. There are many variables that can result in it happening to 1 person, and not everyone. And that goes for connecting any device and not just 520. I regularly connect both the 520 and the ST16s and use QGround Control to retrieve logs from the 520.

It is a warning from a person with direct dealings with Yuneec. Now ... that everyone does what they want. I would take it very seriously.

I cannot say who the source of the "alert" is, but he is a trusted person through whose hands many H520s pass. It was a recommendation because he knows more than one case. I wouldn't have said otherwise. I have indicated that this is not an official announcement. I've published it because I think the problem may be so serius that it's worthwhile for people to be informed.

The problem seems to have arisen with version 1.3 and is when the H520 is connected directly to the PC via USB cable and QGroundControl. What operations must be done in QGroundControl for the block to occur I do not know. In my case I have never connected the H520 to the computer yet because I have not seen the need. The ST16S yes.

I'm sorry @10-8 , I've commented on everything I know. If I had more data and above all concrete information on how this happens, I would have put it there. I know we all have our H520's under warranty, but running out of aircraft for 2 to 4 weeks when it could easily have been avoided is a priority. I'm not trying to discredit the brand or anything. If I have something bad to say, I say it directly. Same as when I think something's good.

I think the source is credible enough to heed the warning.

Only directly the H520, Arruntus, not the ST16s? Because I directly recover the flight logs of st16s by USB on the laptop.

That seems claudius62, I also connect the ST16S a lot, I've never done it with the H520.

Let's remember that QGroundControl, although the PX4 ground station is programmed to be used with its own frimware and not with the H520 frimware that has the same base but is not the same. In principle it should not give any problem but this notice seems to contradict the above and it seems that there is a problem and that it is serious.

Hopefully they will update DataPilotPlanner and have tools to view the logs, follow the routes etc. Something specific to our aircraft.

Last edited:
I have connected the H520 to Q Ground Control many times via USB although before firmware v1.3 as this is how I retreaved my flight logs and was instructed by Yuneec UK that this was correct. I have not connected it since v1.3.

I connected my h520 via usb both before and after 1.3 firmware have no issues with the h520. only way I can see it happening is somehow accessing the q ground control software. Either getting into the firmware update area of the program and attempt to use it somehow. or to make adjustments on the settings of the h520.

Reactions: 10-8
We need to know which operation or operations in the QGroundControl are the ones that block. I'll see if I can find out anything more specific and I'll talk about it.

Any news about this subject? Just happened to my H520. I was downloading logs from the H520 with QGroundControl and suddenly the drone just got stucked. Can't switch off the drone or make connection with remote controller. Found same kind of problems from other forum: H520 Update v1.3.0 - RC-Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter, Hexacopter (in German). Regarding to rc-drohnen-forum Yuneec charge 280 € to fix the problem because QGroundControl seems to update firmware to H520 and they just think that's users fault :mad: Any ideas how to fix this? Or should I just send it to repair and pay?

@S2nch0 what bad luck, as soon as I got the notice I posted it :confused:

I would try to talk to Yuneec about the H520 reset procedure. To be told how to flash the H520 and put it with the initial version, then it would be a matter of updating it and not using the QGroundControl again until we are told it is safe to do so.

Around here we have people who work on fixing them up, wait a bit to see if they can give you some advice.

I am going to try to find out about a possible solution and comment on it, but I am afraid that the solution will come from Yuneec directly. Try talking to them.

@S2nch0, exactly what procedure did you do with the QGroundControl? just download the logs and suddenly it's blocked? I'm saying this so that other colleagues don't have the same problem.

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I was just downloading logs. Didn’t change anything nor tried to otherwise control the drone with QGC. I had quite a many log files to download and after about 30 already loaded files QGC stopped downloading and gave an error. I reconnected the drone and after that nothing happened anymore. After that I took usb cable off and tried to restart the drone. Since that I have not been able to switch off the drone or connect it with st16s.

With your permission, I've put it in the first post for everyone to watch. If you hear anything else, please tell us. I'll tell you what I know here.

Reactions: S2nch0
My drone and controller are in Germany at the moment so I can't test it.

Waiting for the answer from the technical service :(

Please tell us about it. I don't have anything new and that's why I didn't say anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder