Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Incase you didn't know

Reaction score
I was playing with st16 this morning having a look around the menus in pad mode,and I hadn't appreciated that the st16 makes a copy of your videos and photos albeit in lower res but they are there saved to the st16's internal memory.
So you actually can watch your videos and look at your photos without the sd card in the camera and without the typhoon H connected,just incase you didn't know.however there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer these videos to the sd card in the st16 so Im guessing once the memory is full it starts recording over.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Yup sticks you got that right. Fly safe

Won't be long, and people will be commenting on their ST16 saying "Memory Low", and can't figure out how to properly free up space.

I think it will take a while as the files it creates are very compressed,obviously to save space,sorry if you guys already knew the st16 did this.

Won't be long, and people will be commenting on their ST16 saying "Memory Low", and can't figure out how to properly free up space.
Read the "Whats New" changelog from the latest firmware. The pictures and videos are automatically rotated:

"ST16 can store up to 20 pictures and 10 videos in internal storage for users to preview. If the limit is exceeded, the oldest photo/video will be erased from ST16 internal storage with the picture/video stored in SD card still exist."

EDIT: I've attached the "Whats New" PDF, because the file seems to be not longer available on the Yuneec download page.

Attachments

• ST16 B22 What's New.pdf
    274 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: Jens Thyssen
That is because the FW is flawed. Fly safe.

If you use Flight Center, it provides an easy link to download videos through your home PC browser, and it can play back a flight, synchronizing video with the map view.

I was playing with st16 this morning having a look around the menus in pad mode,and I hadn't appreciated that the st16 makes a copy of your videos and photos albeit in lower res but they are there saved to the st16's internal memory.
So you actually can watch your videos and look at your photos without the sd card in the camera and without the typhoon H connected,just incase you didn't know.however there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer these videos to the sd card in the st16 so Im guessing once the memory is full it starts recording over.

Obviously, the latest firmware upgrade did install some really cool features. You don't even have to go to the Pad/Gallery to view your stills and videos. On the ST16 main screen there is a new button in the lower right corner. Just tap it, and it will bring up a small image of a still and a video. Notice above those is another new pair of buttons. One for stills and one for videos. Tap either one and it will display whatever is in the Gallery folder! I took a picture of my screen a few moments ago. Now you don't have to bother with swapping the MicroSD card from the camera to the ST16 to look at your images.

ST 16 Screen 001.jpg

Also...
1) when you select one and it starts to play, you can fast forward (scrub) rewind through the video by dragging your finger on the video, not the play bar.
2) swipe from right to left then press delete to remove the files on the ST16.
3) if you try and play the video, and you get an error saying this video cannot be played.... Press the video recorder button to STOP recording (face slap on this one today :p )

Read the "Whats New" changelog from the latest firmware. The pictures and videos are automatically rotated:

"ST16 can store up to 20 pictures and 10 videos in internal storage for users to preview. If the limit is exceeded, the oldest photo/video will be erased from ST16 internal storage with the picture/video stored in SD card still exist."

EDIT: I've attached the "Whats New" PDF, because the file seems to be not longer available on the Yuneec download page.

Current version on their site is only

v03.01.b18, not b22. Did they pull it back?

Reactions: Steak frites

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval