Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

inexpensive and excellent antenna option

Reaction score
I have an DBS Itelite for my H and it has easily doubled my range and made my video link rock solid. I was thinking of getting a set of FPVLRs as well to try them out. I read about these antennas on ebay from a Q user on this forum. Since the price was very reasonable I gave it a shot. I used to get about 1500ft before telemetry broke with stock antennas, with DBS Itelite, I was around 2500-2800 before telemetry stopped. With these new antennas I went to about 3200 ft before telemetry stopped. With all antennas the video link always worked fine. I like that these antennas are smaller and easier to use than the DBS. They seem to be very well made. The cables are rock solid and doesnt bend under the weight of the antennas (not that they are heavy at all). I think these will be my go to antenna for now. I plan to do a back to back comparisons tomorrow, when my batteries are here from Adorama.
Obviously, I have nothing to do with the seller.
Moxon antenna for the left side $22
High Gain Moxon Antenna 2.4Ghz - Best for FPV - RP-SMA
Helical antenna for the video link, $27, the ebay link is for a RHCP SMA, but you can put a note to the seller to make a LHCP RP-SMA

SALE - SMA - 5 turn 5.8GHz Helical antenna Circular Polarization - FPV

My setup
20160628_183545.jpg

If you order the helical antenna put this note in your order, which is what I did.

Please make the helical antenna LHCP with a short cable, terminated with a MALE RP-SMA fitting.

Last edited:
The video is directional but the control is not. However they should both work better than the stock antennas when you are behind foliage.

Itelite is a patch antenna so it should be less directional then fpvlr, which is helical. Patch should be around 70 degrees, helicals are around 40.

I got better performance on telemetry with the moxon antenna from ebay than I did with itelite. I would recommend that pair to anyone as at $49 for the pair, it is a phenomenal deal.

Reactions: Firman
I have an DBS Itelite for my H and it has easily doubled my range and made my video link rock solid. I was thinking of getting a set of FPVLRs as well to try them out. I read about these antennas on ebay from a Q user on this forum. Since the price was very reasonable I gave it a shot. I used to get about 1500ft before telemetry broke with stock antennas, with DBS Itelite, I was around 2500-2800 before telemetry stopped. With these new antennas I went to about 3200 ft before telemetry stopped. With all antennas the video link always worked fine. I like that these antennas are smaller and easier to use than the DBS. They seem to be very well made. The cables are rock solid and doesnt bend under the weight of the antennas (not that they are heavy at all). I think these will be my go to antenna for now. I plan to do a back to back comparisons tomorrow, when my batteries are here from Adorama.
Helical antenna for the video link, $27, the ebay link is for a RHCP SMA, but you can put a note to the seller to make a LHCP RP-SMA

My setup
View attachment 1466

If you order the helical antenna put this note in your order, which is what I did.

Please make the helical antenna LHCP with a short cable, terminated with a MALE RP-SMA fitting.

My setup
View attachment 1466

Hi Bro,

Sorry i have a stupid question, coz im a new bi on radio technologies things, my question is does this Moxxon Antena consider as omni directional circular polarized ? or directional?

My setup
View attachment 1466

Myself and others are easily getting over 5000ft with our DBS. I was getting out to 25-2800ft with the stock,some guys here on the forum claim much farther with the stock setup.

I been using his stuff for two years now on my ST10 tx and love them. I do have the larger 9 turn 5.8 but other than that his stuff is top notch. 20150926_155255.jpg

Moxon is pretty omnidirectional.

Kbflyer, I may have seen your posts and that is how I found out about him. I figured i don't need the 9 turn as my telemetry always cuts before my video. But you are right his stuff is really good and really cheap.

Reactions: Firman
Myself and others are easily getting over 5000ft with our DBS. I was getting out to 25-2800ft with the stock,some guys here on the forum claim much farther with the stock setup.
Humboldt, I have been getting about 1500-1600 with my stock antenna. I am in a wooded area with a good number of homes and I test it right next to my house where my 2.4 and 5.8ghz router is located.

Regardless of the conditions. dbs doubled my range. The antennas from ebay actually did even better than that. Maybr 20% better than dbs. At $49, they are easily the best deal out there.

If I knew someone with an fpvlr, I would love to test them back to back. I think these would do as good for 30% of the price.

Telemetry signal has nothing to do with either of those antennas. The telemetry antenna is inside the controller, you would have to either mod the H and add external antenna and or mod the controller by moving the internal antenna to the outside in order to benefit the telemetry.

The telemetry signal travels over the 2.4 rc signal the same as frsky or spectrum. The 2.4 signal in the
st16 is a diversity setup with one external antenna and one internal antenna. Because DBS utilises the external antenna the telemetry signal is improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval