Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Information wanted for writing an Operational Manual

Reaction score
What are the meteorological limits for flying the Yuneec H520 ? Wind, temperature, maximum flying altitude, ...

What are the meteorological limits for flying the Yuneec H520 ? Wind, temperature, maximum flying altitude, ...
I wouldn't bother with the temperature limits if this is for your ops manual. Just quote what's in the H520 technical specifications. AS for maximum wind speed, if it doesn't give a limit in the H520's technical spec, you state a limit that you are prepared to fly up to.. I would recommend putting something like 12 knots.

There's a video showing the 520 flying and landing in 41 to 47 K winds, 12 knots is to low. I've flown my H in 20mph winds gusting to 25. These typnhoons are very stable in high winds.

For your Ops Manual, is it UK CAA PfCO or similar?

I put my wind speed limit as 15knots. Note that that's measured by a hand held anemometer, and includes gusts. Official forecasts and airfield Metars usually represent speeds out in the open. Find somewhere a little more sheltered and you're often fine.

You can adjust this limit at any time, without going through the official amendment application process. You just need to be strict with your Ops Manual version control and descriptions. I plan to update mine to 20 knots once I can demonstrate landing a few times close to the limits.

There's a video showing the 520 flying and landing in 41 to 47 K winds, 12 knots is to low. I've flown my H in 20mph winds gusting to 25. These typnhoons are very stable in high winds.
Yeah that was one of the videos that I saw that convinced me of the wind resistance. Another was in Nevada, I think by Eagle Eye Videos.

Have to say the H520 still flies beautifully in windy weather. Its ability to fly in a perfectly straight line when flown manually in Angle mode is fantastic. My previous P3P struggled, and the stronger the wind the more obvious it became. Think I've read the same on this forum from an H+ pilot who also had an Inspire 1. A hexcopter is a beast!

Yeah that was one of the videos that I saw that convinced me of the wind resistance. Another was in Nevada, I think by Eagle Eye Videos.

Have to say the H520 still flies beautifully in windy weather. Its ability to fly in a perfectly straight line when flown manually in Angle mode is fantastic. My previous P3P struggled, and the stronger the wind the more obvious it became. Think I've read the same on this forum from an H+ pilot who also had an Inspire 1. A hexcopter is a beast!
Yes, you're absolutely correct, 12 knots is probably too low. But don't go putting it too high either. The CAA are a bit funny like that, if you go putting 30 knots or something, they'll more than likely reject your ops manual. Your H520 may well fly perfectly well in 50 mph winds but if you go putting that in your ops manual, it'll get rejected.........

I had the same problem and asked customer support to shed some light on this.
I got the following reply:

- Meteorological limitations of the H520
max windspeed
6.Bf 39-49 Km/h

max height
From ground 500.meters to a max of 2000.meters

max/ min operating temperatures
-10°c till 40°c

battery limitations
5250 mAh / 4S/15.2V ( 79.8 WH )

- The maximum take off weight (MTOW) of the H520.

1633g with battery but without gimbal, please add=
E-90= 350g
E-50=275g
EGO-ET= 278g
E-10T= 350g

Not sure what is meant with 500m and max 2000m. I suppose 2000m is the max altitude above MSL. 500m above ground level is clear.
Max. wind resistance is 6BFT is 22-27kts / 25-31mph / 10.8-13.8 m/s / 39-49km/h. Pretty impressive I find.
min of -10°C seems a bit low for the LiPo's, what do you guys think? I think I wouldn't fly under 5°C.
MTOW is not a good explanation IMO. The MTOW must be more. What if you have the new RTK module installed?

All of the technical specs and limitations should be in the manual though. I hope Yuneec will do this in the next release.

Reactions: MiPi
I had the same problem and asked customer support to shed some light on this.
I got the following reply:

- Meteorological limitations of the H520
max windspeed
6.Bf 39-49 Km/h

max height
From ground 500.meters to a max of 2000.meters

max/ min operating temperatures
-10°c till 40°c

battery limitations
5250 mAh / 4S/15.2V ( 79.8 WH )

- The maximum take off weight (MTOW) of the H520.

1633g with battery but without gimbal, please add=
E-90= 350g
E-50=275g
EGO-ET= 278g
E-10T= 350g

Not sure what is meant with 500m and max 2000m. I suppose 2000m is the max altitude above MSL. 500m above ground level is clear.
Max. wind resistance is 6BFT is 22-27kts / 25-31mph / 10.8-13.8 m/s / 39-49km/h. Pretty impressive I find.
min of -10°C seems a bit low for the LiPo's, what do you guys think? I think I wouldn't fly under 5°C.
MTOW is not a good explanation IMO. The MTOW must be more. What if you have the new RTK module installed?

All of the technical specs and limitations should be in the manual though. I hope Yuneec will do this in the next release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval