Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Inside peak at Plus.

Hide in plain sight by disguising as a 520... brilliant! ;)

Lume Cubes. I just finished perfecting the mount. The pair goes up to 3K lumens. My trial flight showed that I needed more adjustable angles. Today, I put on articulating camera shoe mounts. I’m stoked to try them pointing down.
Actually, I was referring to the yellow bumpers(?) on the ends of the landing gear.
Lume Cubes. Cool. How much does the pair weigh? Some have put them on a TH without any comment about the extra weight or reduced flight time. I'm thinking about the option of running the C23 camera on the TH.

I put shrink wrap around my skids for visibility. The cubes are 320 grams with the mounts. I can’t comment on reduced time yet as I haven’t run more then a few short flight experiments. It does alter flight behavior a bit so I’m going very slowly and carefully right now.

Here is a slo mo of today’s test for stability. I’m pleased with the results. The added weight does not seem to matter. It’s a drifts a bit more in hover but seems pretty true in flight. The gimbal is not affected and camera is 100% steady.

Rich,

Sorry, but the average Joe Blow is both myopic and topical and lacks the ability to understand the ramifications of anything that’s not directly in front of their nose, and often even manage to screw those things up. They often don’t “think ahead”. We see blatant examples of that every time we drive with other cars on the highway.

+1 Well put Pat...This pretty much sums up why the world is the way it is today...one of the best things I've read on the internet in a while.

As our flight controllers provide the ability to offset center of gravity offsets through motor speeds, any minor issue would show up as a decreased flight time due to higher current loading at heavy side motors. Only significant C/G issues would be demonstrated by degraded flight performance or control. For all intents and purposes anything mounted directly under the body will not present much of a C/G problem unless the weight is great and well offset from center.

Too much weight is an issue in and of itself as exceeding max lift capability will most always generate stability and control problems, not to mention over heating ESC’s and blowing circuits or fuses.

Is there any possibility the cards have something to do with auto update or telemetry files?

As our flight controllers provide the ability to offset center of gravity offsets through motor speeds, any minor issue would show up as a decreased flight time due to higher current loading at heavy side motors. Only significant C/G issues would be demonstrated by degraded flight performance or control. For all intents and purposes anything mounted directly under the body will not present much of a C/G problem unless the weight is great and well offset from center.

Too much weight is an issue in and of itself as exceeding max lift capability will most always generate stability and control problems, not to mention over heating ESC’s and blowing circuits or fuses.

Agreed. I’m not there in weight. There is no extra heating either. The craft is still balanced as they are centered and even. I’ve seen videos of phantoms hauling all kinds of stuff and my old Chroma lugged that GoPro and Feiyu Tech rig I made for a year. So, the Plus with its nice motors and good flight controls seems suited for some add ons. The kit was actually for a Mavic which is obviously much less lift capable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval