Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting and helpful parts

Reaction score
I have been browsing the net looking for deals on parts for the TH.
It is quite strange the difference in prices from one country to another as well as from one continent to another. Some things just cannot be bought in one country or are incredibly expensive in another.

Example: The landing TH landing strut
USA $9.99
Netherlands $68.00
Germany $ 37.00
Australia $19.50
So prices are all over the place.

Now what I really wanted to discuss are a range of spare that are available in Germany but don't seem to have made it to other markets. Do a local search and see if you can find it in the country you live in. Google has a nasty tendency to steer you toward local markets and excludes others. If a part is available locally then so much the better. If not, well perhaps we can make a little plan to distribute them to friends who need them. Or maybe dealers will take note and make them available to us locally at some point in the future.

Product YUNCGO3P110 Rotary camera connector $25
yuncgo3p110.jpg

Have you ever crash landed and tore the wires from inside the camera? Well, this is is where they go. I have done this repair and though a little fiddly, it worked out fine. Just make sure the camera point forward when you put it back together.

Product: YUNTYH131 Landing gear knuckle for landing gear motor.
yuntyh131.jpg

When you set her down hard or fly into an obstacle, only to find the strut no longer lowers/raises... In most cases, this is the little monkey that is broken, not the whole motor. the prongs in front of the pivot will break off. This is a good thing! it stops the strut motor from ripping from the frame and damaging it. Repair is not hard. There are a couple of tiny bearing, washers and bushings that you must keep from getting lost, but in general, the inside of the motor is quite modular and a work of art.

Rakonheli aluminum landing strut connector $14.75
rakonheli_cnc_black.jpg

Now, this is not a Yuneec product rather some aftermarket gear. All the same, not a bad idea. After props, the struts are the next most damaged item on the TH. If you come from a place where these struts are being sold for prices that would have them made of gold or platinum, then the few extra grams these puppies would add to the frame make them worth considering. I already have a few meters of graphite tube of the proper diameter. Saw it off to length and bolt it on with a 2mm allen wrench. Cheaper than replacing it, for me at least. Of course, an alternative would be to salvage the plastic connectors and either put in a small bolt or a new pop rivet.

Now one thing I have seen in the USA but haven't found here are the gimbal mounting pins... Just the pins, not the rest. I seem to remember seeing them last year in the online catalog of a shop in California, I believe.
I would love to get my hands on a few of those.

I would like to mention that the photos are linked to a German site of which I have not connection or contact. This is not a recommendation or endorsement for this business. The pictures are purely for visual reference.

Reactions: PatR
The reason why some stuff is available or not under very different pices is called 'open economics' or 'capitalism' maybe even 'good entrepreneurship'. Customers are not really helped with all this tho.

:confused:

Indeed, why sell just the claw for the landing gear motor if you can sell the whole retractor unit.
But when I see a landing strut that costs €8.50 in the US on sale for €55.00 here in Holland, I really get the feeling I'm getting screwed big time. I could understand €15 - €20 but not a 6x markup.

I have been browsing the net looking for deals on parts for the TH.
It is quite strange the difference in prices from one country to another as well as from one continent to another. Some things just cannot be bought in one country or are incredibly expensive in another.

Example: The landing TH landing strut
USA $9.99
Netherlands $68.00
Germany $ 37.00
Australia $19.50
So prices are all over the place.

Now what I really wanted to discuss are a range of spare that are available in Germany but don't seem to have made it to other markets. Do a local search and see if you can find it in the country you live in. Google has a nasty tendency to steer you toward local markets and excludes others. If a part is available locally then so much the better. If not, well perhaps we can make a little plan to distribute them to friends who need them. Or maybe dealers will take note and make them available to us locally at some point in the future.

Product YUNCGO3P110 Rotary camera connector $25
yuncgo3p110.jpg

Have you ever crash landed and tore the wires from inside the camera? Well, this is is where they go. I have done this repair and though a little fiddly, it worked out fine. Just make sure the camera point forward when you put it back together.

Product: YUNTYH131 Landing gear knuckle for landing gear motor.
yuntyh131.jpg

When you set her down hard or fly into an obstacle, only to find the strut no longer lowers/raises... In most cases, this is the little monkey that is broken, not the whole motor. the prongs in front of the pivot will break off. This is a good thing! it stops the strut motor from ripping from the frame and damaging it. Repair is not hard. There are a couple of tiny bearing, washers and bushings that you must keep from getting lost, but in general, the inside of the motor is quite modular and a work of art.

Rakonheli aluminum landing strut connector $14.75
rakonheli_cnc_black.jpg

Now, this is not a Yuneec product rather some aftermarket gear. All the same, not a bad idea. After props, the struts are the next most damaged item on the TH. If you come from a place where these struts are being sold for prices that would have them made of gold or platinum, then the few extra grams these puppies would add to the frame make them worth considering. I already have a few meters of graphite tube of the proper diameter. Saw it off to length and bolt it on with a 2mm allen wrench. Cheaper than replacing it, for me at least. Of course, an alternative would be to salvage the plastic connectors and either put in a small bolt or a new pop rivet.

Now one thing I have seen in the USA but haven't found here are the gimbal mounting pins... Just the pins, not the rest. I seem to remember seeing them last year in the online catalog of a shop in California, I believe.
I would love to get my hands on a few of those.

I would like to mention that the photos are linked to a German site of which I have not connection or contact. This is not a recommendation or endorsement for this business. The pictures are purely for visual reference.
I would stick with the plastic yuneec item. Its good to have a little flex in the landing gear.

Reactions: Camflyer15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis