Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Interesting Issue with my H

not sure if there are any new posts on low batteries. new fully charged batteries on a new typhoon h pro. all i managed to get was 12m on bat one and 8m on bat 2.
i was out about 600 ft, (distance) and the low battery warning came on, kinda' scary, haha
thoughts?
That is very short indeed. What kind of maneuvers were you doing leading up to the low battery warning?

i was mainly test flying. hovering, flying in circles, alt max 120ft. i didn't think i was doing anything taxing that would drain the batteries.

i was mainly test flying. hovering, flying in circles, alt max 120ft. i didn't think i was doing anything taxing that would drain the batteries.
Right. That should not have forced the batteries into a low voltage state. Is this a new machine? Do the batteries show any signs of swelling?

yes, brand new th pro. swelled but not noticeable....btw, low vol warning 14.7, is that right?

....was going to charge mt batteries tonight for late morning flying. going to test again

The first low voltage warning is at 14.5 I think. I always land at 14.6-7 before I get a warning. What was the initial voltage reading at startup?

15.8, i mean it shows a full charge
There is the problem, a fully charged battery should show 16.5. also, although I rarely get a low voltage warning (I aim to land at 14.6/7) I,m sure it's about 14.3/4. Sometimes the voltage will drop when you do a power hungry maneuver and then recover slightly in the hover. Hope this helps.

not sure if there are any new posts on low batteries. new fully charged batteries on a new typhoon h pro. all i managed to get was 12m on bat one and 8m on bat 2.
i was out about 600 ft, (distance) and the low battery warning came on, kinda' scary, haha
thoughts?
I would start by checking the each cell in that battery. It may give you a clue to what is happening. Good luck

So..I contacted support today and gave them the rundown on the issue. Sent them my flight log file and they want me to send the H to them in Corona, CA. They want to look at the batteries too. I have to say that Yuneec support is a lot better than it was serval months ago. There were on it pronto. So..off it goes tomorrow.
Got the drone back. No issues with the batteries. Yuneec did acknowledge that the logs showed the low battery warning and the emergency landing on a full battery. They didn't say how they fixed it. A couple of weeks later I got the drone back with no explanation as to what they did. Seems to work okay.

I'm glad you're back flying.

Do you know if they fixed your H or did they send you a different H to replace it?

I see 16.7v on a full battery

@Steve Carr First low warning for me is at 14.3v which, btw, I've only ever seen two or three times aiming to be on the ground or about to be on the ground at 14.5v

All mine top out at 16.6 but anything from 16.5 to 16.7 is just peachy:). 14.3 for the first low warning as well with both of mine. Like you I’m on the ground by 14.5 for 99.9% of the flights. A rare one will make 14.4.

Hi, thanks for all the good responses! I have the 2 batteries that came with my aircraft. Ultimately I think I should buy a couple more with and add an intelligent battery charger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss