Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intermittent J1 not working properly

Reaction score
This has happened now at least every 4th flight. I have flown and am ready to land. I pull J1 down to land and it takes FOREVER to come down. (The last time i was 30 feet up and it took 68 seconds to come down) I finally get it to land and the lost GPS message appears on the st16. Within 3 seconds it aquires GPS and I am good to go. This scares me.

I have cleaned the contacts on the joysticks and ALWAYS verify the hardware joysticks and switches before flying. I always have at least 12 sats on the bird and 9 or more on the st16 before I turn the motors on.

Since I am new to this particular unit can I shut off the gps and manually "fly" (land) the drone without problems?
Second question this unit is in warranty ... should I contact Yuneec for service?

thank you

This has happened now at least every 4th flight. I have flown and am ready to land. I pull J1 down to land and it takes FOREVER to come down. (The last time i was 30 feet up and it took 68 seconds to come down) I finally get it to land and the lost GPS message appears on the st16. Within 3 seconds it aquires GPS and I am good to go. This scares me.

I have cleaned the contacts on the joysticks and ALWAYS verify the hardware joysticks and switches before flying. I always have at least 12 sats on the bird and 9 or more on the st16 before I turn the motors on.

Since I am new to this particular unit can I shut off the gps and manually "fly" (land) the drone without problems?
Second question this unit is in warranty ... should I contact Yuneec for service?

thank you
Prior to trying anything contact Yuneec. What you're experiencing is definitely abnormal. Doing any sort of maintenance or flying in a manner not proscribed by Yuneec could invalidate your warranty.

Ron's points are what I am thinking also.
Okay, so you can verify that the hardware monitor shows full movement when the stick (J1) is moved in both directions and that the rate slider also shows perfect operation in Hardware Monitor as well as all other controls. Thats good, from there I would perform another flight in a totally different location; make sure OA is 'Off', Angle Mode, Rate Slider at 'High'.

To answer the questions

1. It has happened at 3 different sites.
2. I do not have real sense.
3. I fly in rabbit mode.
4. It has never been above 75 degrees when I fly.
5. OA is 'Off', Angle Mode, Rate Slider at 'High'.

Thanks for your response!

If you’ve successfully performed all the necessary calibrations and you’re running the latest firmware it may be time to contact Yuneec.

If you’ve flown without gps and you’re comfortable doing it then by all means use it in this situation.

Reactions: Socaljj
Or you can use electrical contact cleaner( available at most auto supply stores) and spray the j1 stick. Make sure it’s safe for plactics

Or you can use electrical contact cleaner( available at most auto supply stores) and spray the j1 stick. Make sure it’s safe for plactics
As you can see in the original post I did clean the contacts on both joysticks.

You can fly without using GPS, make sure it's a windless day. I can not guarantee you won't have problems.

If you think you've exhausted all avenues consult Yuneec, like others have said. At least you'll get a definite answer/solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace