Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Introduction

Reaction score
I’m a new pilot just purchased a Yuneec Q500 4K had it for about three weeks, as of yet have not flown it. Live in New England where we’ve have had about three feet of snow in the last two weeks. Enjoying all the info found on this site.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Welcome to the Forum.
If this is your first quadcopter experience, I suggest removing the camera for the first few flights while you get acquainted with the controls. The camera is the most expensive part and is generally only repairable by Yuneec, so don't crash with the camera mounted. :)

I’m a new pilot just purchased a Yuneec Q500 4K had it for about three weeks, as of yet have not flown it. Live in New England where we’ve have had about three feet of snow in the last two weeks. Enjoying all the info found on this site.
welcome to the forum, lol it must be driving you nuts with it sitting in the box...

Thanks for remove camera suggestion, I’ve never flown anything so I’m looking forward to getting out for the first time.

Yes no experience at all. This is probably premature question but what kind of lift does the Q500 have? Here is why I ask, I live on a lake would like to create a set of pontoons for landing in the water, what do folks think?

The video below is a bit overkill. I've just used pool noodles and slit them lengthwise, slip over the landing gear and some electrical tape to keep them closed.

Reactions: 0verload
That was fantastic, I don’t think I would have thought to use the noodles but they work great! Thanks for taking the time to send the video.

Reactions: Steve Carr
That was fantastic, I don’t think I would have thought to use the noodles but they work great! Thanks for taking the time to send the video.
I never used them for water landings. They were in case the Q went down in the water. They do add more drag and don't work real well in wind. It was for peace of mind more than anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold