Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IR LED broken off after crash

Reaction score
Hi, after crashing my Breeze i IR LED broken off from IRS board. I have old IR LED but it is not possible to solder it back because pins are to short. Allready tryed to solder few diferent types of IR LED (840nm, 875nm, 950nm) but with no 100% success - with some of them Breeze takes off but having trouble with altitude hold.

I'm unable to find out which kind is original LED, anyone have ideas?

Maybe someone have spare IRS board for sale?

Any help is welcome, thanks (sorry fot my bad english).

I have asked a contact to see if they can get the info on the IR LED. It may take a few days.

there are two types of Infrared led, the Transmitter and the receiver. In case you just need to replace the Transmitter led (white). Any led will even be able to be removed from any remote control (TV, DVD, Sound Device, etc).

Transmitter LED is broken, i have tested several LEDs from old TV remotes, but no success. I do get blue IRS icon, but either no take of or no altitude hold.

Also check the four solder joints that join the sensor board to the M7 board beneath. They are notorious for being cold joints and the crash may have affected them.

I've messed around with those boards and have not been able to solder the IR board back to the main board because there is no space to get the iron in there.
As Doom mentioned it is VERY common when you crash straight down for the glass to break and the IR sensors are practically sitting against the glass so what happens is the 4 solder points break on the main board underneath as the IR board is only held in place by those solder points and 1 screw. Really bad setup.
You can make it a bit stronger if you add some hot glue to a few other points between the boards.
Now I did manage to repair one by soldering small wires between the boards small enough gauge that the wires will fit between the boards.
I know this doesnt exactly help what you are trying to do so sorry about that. I dont have an extra main board either.
When I was buying up parts drones on Ebay really cheap I learned to avoid buying one that had the bottom glass broken because the IR solder points were usually broken too which wouldnt allow it to fly. You can check to see if there are any for sale right now but I think you said you were not in the states.
The breeze will absolutely fly without the 2 glass pieces. In fact, some have reported it works better. If you try to fly indoors and it wont take off it's likely the bottom sensors are showing orange or red and you just need to shine a flashlight underneath it to trick the sensors. I think since the IR sensor glass is tinted it doesnt need as much light to take off. No idea why the glass is tinted but Doom likely knows.

Thought I would add that with the bottom cover off you can see the 2 solder points right next to the IR board that the battery is directly wired to and that's the point i solder wires to to add lights. Those solder points usually need cleaning and a hot iron to solder to. I solder then add a bit of hot glue to make sure they cant move.
It's not hard to work on the breeze if you have thin nimble fingers. Major pain if you dont.

Last edited:
I've messed around with those boards and have not been able to solder the IR board back to the main board because there is no space to get the iron in there.
As Doom mentioned it is VERY common when you crash straight down for the glass to break and the IR sensors are practically sitting against the glass so what happens is the 4 solder points break on the main board underneath as the IR board is only held in place by those solder points and 1 screw. Really bad setup.
You can make it a bit stronger if you add some hot glue to a few other points between the boards.
Now I did manage to repair one by soldering small wires between the boards small enough gauge that the wires will fit between the boards.
I know this doesnt exactly help what you are trying to do so sorry about that. I dont have an extra main board either.
When I was buying up parts drones on Ebay really cheap I learned to avoid buying one that had the bottom glass broken because the IR solder points were usually broken too which wouldnt allow it to fly. You can check to see if there are any for sale right now but I think you said you were not in the states.
The breeze will absolutely fly without the 2 glass pieces. In fact, some have reported it works better. If you try to fly indoors and it wont take off it's likely the bottom sensors are showing orange or red and you just need to shine a flashlight underneath it to trick the sensors. I think since the IR sensor glass is tinted it doesnt need as much light to take off. No idea why the glass is tinted but Doom likely knows.

Thought I would add that with the bottom cover off you can see the 2 solder points right next to the IR board that the battery is directly wired to and that's the point i solder wires to to add lights. Those solder points usually need cleaning and a hot iron to solder to. I solder then add a bit of hot glue to make sure they cant move.
It's not hard to work on the breeze if you have thin nimble fingers. Major pain if you dont.
I wili check those 2 & 4 points, thanks.

@petar0602

Just an update to let you know the contact got my message and has started a query for the info. Hope to get an answer soon.

Reactions: petar0602
The request was denied by the engineering department for company confidentiality rules. Sorry the info could not be released. I would speculate that it has to be the near infrared as the beam is visible in a darkened room.

I would suggest trying to find an IR Sensor from a parted out Breeze or a used Breeze for cheap.

I wili check those 2 & 4 points, thanks.
The request was denied by the engineering department for company confidentiality rules. Sorry the info could not be released. I would speculate that it has to be the near infrared as the beam is visible in a darkened room.

I would suggest trying to find an IR Sensor from a parted out Breeze or a used Breeze for cheap.

OK, thanks for your effort.

That's too bad. I'll take a look on Ebay and see if I can find it but I dont think you can get one without the whole M7 board. I'll also look at my parts and see if I have one i could send you if you live in the US otherwise I would want shipping if its expensive.

I've got the small board with the IR sensors that I doubt have anything wrong with the sensors themselves if you want it. I dont trust the actual board itself though.

Last edited:
That's too bad. I'll take a look on Ebay and see if I can find it but I dont think you can get one without the whole M7 board. I'll also look at my parts and see if I have one i could send you if you live in the US otherwise I would want shipping if its expensive.

I've got the small board with the IR sensors that I doubt have anything wrong with the sensors themselves if you want it. I dont trust the actual board itself though.

I am interested, will send you private message. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone