Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Drone insurance worthwhile?

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I used to work in the insurance industry so I know the general advantages. I used to sell the stuff, I know how in a general situation it is priceless.
What I'm wondering about is the "Club" insurance which seems to be the only affordable option here, (Australia).
From what I can read in the small print, you're only covered at the club premises (boring) or at an event organized by the club. It looks like you're not covered if you decide to go bush, or beach etc on your own. It seems the club premises rule could be because most of the Aero Club members have fixed wing aircraft and clearly need a landing strip for T/off and return.
I'm as responsible as anyone, and would like to have insurance, as long as it covers me for my outings and doesn't involve mortgaging houses etc.
Anyone have any thoughts?

I bought my H from a dealer in NY who offers free "Silver" Insurance with purchase, no questions asked, free repairs for 30 days, for free , can't lose! for $30 you can go Gold for 60 days and $60 for Platinum 90 days. Free shipping and all ! After that I was searching for options, there are many here in the USA, but most seem useless !

Reactions: humboldt 707
I bought my H from a dealer in NY who offers free "Silver" Insurance with purchase, no questions asked, free repairs for 30 days, for free , can't lose! for $30 you can go Gold for 60 days and $60 for Platinum 90 days. Free shipping and all ! After that I was searching for options, there are many here in the USA, but most seem useless !
Thanks for that, I can get a similar cover but I meant liability insurance

The best insurance I have right now is the Marco Polo R/C model,as far as losing your machine this puppy will help you recover it.I also did my FAA reg # through Tag my drone not only is your # on it but info on locating the owner via the web,a url I think it is?

Thanks for that, I can get a similar cover but I meant liability insurance
Is the H going to be your first drone?Just curious,you have lot of questions that cover every aspect of the hobby,don't get me wrong I've learned a lot following your threads.Here in the States if you own your home you have what's called home owners insurance,if you fly on your property it would be covered,I hope I don't need to use it.

Is the H going to be your first drone?Just curious,you have lot of questions that cover every aspect of the hobby,don't get me wrong I've learned a lot following your threads.Here in the States if you own your home you have what's called home owners insurance,if you fly on your property it would be covered,I hope I don't need to use it.
No, the H isn't my first drone or helicopter, my questions on here have mainly been regarding the H.... Because I've never seen it yet.... Like most people.
The insurance question was for background info. You have lots of different styles of insurance there, but none of them cover outside mainland US as far as I can see.
It's the public liability aspect I'm interested in, and I wondered if anybody uses it, or whether they are just "very careful!"
Frankly, I'm appalled at the number who regularly boast 1.5, 2 or even 3 mile range on their birds, with, I presume no thought of "what happens if"
We do have "home owners insurance " here too. I was hoping to fly away from home though..... That's where the beach or bush (outback) comes in.

I just received my 333 and was wondering if I did some side job real estate or farm/ranch mapping this also, most require insurance and it is available but at a price, still investigating

No, the H isn't my first drone or helicopter, my questions on here have mainly been regarding the H.... Because I've never seen it yet.... Like most people.
The insurance question was for background info. You have lots of different styles of insurance there, but none of them cover outside mainland US as far as I can see.
It's the public liability aspect I'm interested in, and I wondered if anybody uses it, or whether they are just "very careful!"
Frankly, I'm appalled at the number who regularly boast 1.5, 2 or even 3 mile range on their birds, with, I presume no thought of "what happens if"
We do have "home owners insurance " here too. I was hoping to fly away from home though..... That's where the beach or bush (outback) comes in.
I'm impressed with your through research,obviously your bucks are well spent.im just lucky to have enough private ground to fly,I to go other places to fly but still are very rual so liability hasn't been an issue.excellent question something I'm gonna look into as my areas grow,as far as distance I do have a lte- dbosol range extenders on my Chroma that I have only to improve video signal strength due to the heavy forested area I'm in,I've never taken it out to test the 8100 ft distance claim.i believe in line of sight.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Line of sight always too! Although I did blink once and actual got 2.2 miles once on my P3P with a windsurfer on my antennas, surrounded by nothing for hundreds of miles in all directions.

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval