Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is my new Drone NEW?

Reaction score
Just got my new Typhoon yesterday, the camera was missing a connecter that holds it to the disconnect plate. When I went to bind the 16 to the drone it showed in model selection the Typhoon h and a Typhoon 920, I pressed on the typhoon h and copied it then named the copy. I then bind the 16 to the H, then went through the process to bind the camera and it didn't ask for a password, Then it showed that the H and Camera were bind to the 16. I am now wondering if the drone I got was new or not. bought it from buydig and paid $824.00 off Ebay, It was listed as NEW. Can any one help me out on this?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Check the ST-16 in pad mode, to see if there are media files on there... by default, the last 10 flights are saved, if a previous owner did not delete them...

Reactions: biltno
Just got my new Typhoon yesterday, the camera was missing a connecter that holds it to the disconnect plate. When I went to bind the 16 to the drone it showed in model selection the Typhoon h and a Typhoon 920, I pressed on the typhoon h and copied it then named the copy. I then bind the 16 to the H, then went through the process to bind the camera and it didn't ask for a password, Then it showed that the H and Camera were bind to the 16. I am now wondering if the drone I got was new or not. bought it from buydig and paid $824.00 off Ebay, It was listed as NEW. Can any one help me out on this?
Lot of what you're explaining has been configured by the manufacture making sure there are no issues. (well not all the time they get things right)
Now its up to you to do the remaining installs. READ, READ, READ and look at all the post video regarding how too's for the H.
Danger, Danger
NEVER, NEVER FLY IN SMART MODE FOR NOW!

Check the ST-16 in pad mode, to see if there are media files on there... by default, the last 10 flights are saved, if a previous owner did not delete them...
checked files and not showing any logs nor flights. I feel that its new. I have been into R/C Planes for 25 years, just new to drones and DON"T want to screw up. LOL Again thank you for the help.

Lot of what you're explaining has been configured by the manufacture making sure there are no issues. (well not all the time they get things right)
Now its up to you to do the remaining installs. READ, READ, READ and look at all the post video regarding how too's for the H.
Danger, Danger
NEVER, NEVER FLY IN SMART MODE FOR NOW!
Yes READ, READ, and READ. Thank You for helping me.

At a new Typhoon H usually some flights are in the FlightLog folder from China Factory tests. Those should be there, If not somebody has deleted it and possibly deleted more.

My first FlightLog was there - the famous Yuneec Buildings in China:

YuneecCH.jpg

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yuneec has a lot of refurbs out there - Amazon is full of them.
True. However, they are generally advertised as Refurbished. A new H out of the box should already be bound and as @h-elsner points out, there should be flightlogs showing the factory test flights. There certainly shouldn't be any parts missing. Was the plastic protective film still on the ST16 screen and on the camera lens?

Reactions: biltno
True. However, they are generally advertised as Refurbished. A new H out of the box should already be bound and as @h-elsner points out, there should be flightlogs showing the factory test flights. There certainly shouldn't be any parts missing. Was the plastic protective film still on the ST16 screen and on the camera lens?
Yes it was on the camera. And on the ST-16 also.

You mentioned it missing a part that holds the camera to the disconnect plate. The rubber dampers are technically all that connects the camera and gimbal to the disconnect. There are two pins in diagonally opposed corners used as safety devices. If those pins are what you are referring to bear in mind there is only supposed to be two.

You mentioned it missing a part that holds the camera to the disconnect plate. The rubber dampers are technically all that connects the camera and gimbal to the disconnect. There are two pins in diagonally opposed corners used as safety devices. If those pins are what you are referring to bear in mind there is only supposed to be two.
there's 4

Attachments

• 20181001_083821.jpg
    20181001_083821.jpg
    809.1 KB · Views: 23
The rubber parts are vibration dampers, and should indeed have 4. First time I’ve heard of any left off.

Reactions: angel123

I just received a replacement Breeze that was literally coming apart as I removed it from box. The body top didn't want to stay with the other half. Wow...great I thought. Maybe. It flew okay, though better with the controller as the app lags so badly. Then it said 'I needed to update to fly." So I did and now it doesn't even show up on my cell phone/flight controller. WHAT AN UPDATE! MAKES ME WONDER. waiting on a "phone appointment" with Mitch. I have about figured out that Yuneec is really the owner AND Mitch...that IS Yuneec. The only human I have seen is Mitch and he can run the whole show. Just wish they would hire some full time code writers because the app they provide is really, really, really substandard. And now here I sit wondering what I am going to do when Mitch cannot fix it...or just doesn't call. fingers crossed.

Might be a refurbished model

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval