Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the camera as bad as people are saying?

Reaction score
Hi guys

My friend and I have been looking at the H to get us started in setting up a small aerial film company. We have managed to borrow one from an acquaintance but we are concerned having watched a number of reviews about the clarity of the H's camera. I am into my gadgets and understand about the bit rate issue.

Are these numbers for the video modes correct?
natural 38 MB/S
gorgeous 50 MB/S
raw 24 MB/S
night 50 MB/S

So raw really doesn't mean raw in the conventional sense? That's totally misleading!

When shooting video I want a bland image which makes it easier to colour grade in post production. Having done a few tests in the last few days all the presets seem to be over saturated and therefore difficult to colour grade. Can you suggest a way to turn down the saturation? Having looked at theP4 we would ideally like a mode similar to the D-log.

We have also noticed that the camera has a distinct problem when looking at a bright sky it makes the ground look very dark. when you lower the angle of the camera it alters the white balance and saturation of the image without me telling it to. This is not a good trait as you need a consistent light level no matter what you are looking at.

We are also noticing when the H is hovering it drifts in all directions. Is anyone else having this problem?

I guess it comes down to whether the Yuneec can resolve these issues in updates or Should we be looking at the Phantom 4. This is a bitter disappointment because we have got to know the guys at Yuneec UK quite well and there customer service is the best!

Any advice would be welcomed
!Thanks

DNG is bland, and best to edit in post! My camera is fine!, can it be better? Yes!, Firmwares can help some, The newer H's should be coming out with a better lens hopefully, or you can mod it easily !

Where do I find the DNG option? I am not the pilot I and the techie guy in the background that does the research and editing!

Click on controller, bottom right screen The gear cog icon, Then look and tap on formats of Jpeg,DNG etc.

In my experience, the H has an outstanding gimbal and holds position extremely well. I dont find it drifts at all.
I wanted to find out how steady it was, so started video and let it hover for a couple of minutes. The video showed very little sign of movement.
While I've not tried it, but somebody took night exposures of 3/4 seconds and the images were really sharp.

Hi guys

My friend and I have been looking at the H to get us started in setting up a small aerial film company. We have managed to borrow one from an acquaintance but we are concerned having watched a number of reviews about the clarity of the H's camera. I am into my gadgets and understand about the bit rate issue.

natural 38 MB/S
gorgeous 50 MB/S
raw 24 MB/S
night 50 MB/S

So raw really doesn't mean raw in the conventional sense? That's totally misleading!

When shooting video I want a bland image which makes it easier to colour grade in post production. Having done a few tests in the last few days all the presets seem to be over saturated and therefore difficult to colour grade. Can you suggest a way to turn down the saturation? Having looked at theP4 we would ideally like a mode similar to the D-log.

We have also noticed that the camera has a distinct problem when looking at a bright sky it makes the ground look very dark. when you lower the angle of the camera it alters the white balance and saturation of the image without me telling it to. This is not a good trait as you need a consistent light level no matter what you are looking at.

We are also noticing when the H is hovering it drifts in all directions. Is anyone else having this problem?

I guess it comes down to whether the Yuneec can resolve these issues in updates or Should we be looking at the Phantom 4. This is a bitter disappointment because we have got to know the guys at Yuneec UK quite well and there customer service is the best!

!Thanks

Hi guys

natural 38 MB/S
gorgeous 50 MB/S
raw 24 MB/S
night 50 MB/S

!Thanks
I have the Q 500 4K I use is the filters I get a perfect video all the time not sure about the numbers but the Q 500 and the H is the same camera

concerned having watched a number of reviews about the clarity of the H's camera. I am into my gadgets and understand about the bit rate issue.

natural 38 MB/S
gorgeous 50 MB/S
raw 24 MB/S
night 50 MB/S

I have just checked the details of my videos from my recent job, where I ONLY filmed with the raw video setting and it was over 50 mb/s all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval