Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the H520E RTK/PPK as glitchy as it sounds?

Reaction score
We currently have a DJI P4 RTK, which works pretty well after we correct the elevations with a few GCPs, but apparently PPK still does not work in the US. We want to add a backup sUAS and became very interested in the H520E until we started to read about all the issues in this forum about using its RTK and PPK. We want a turnkey system and it seems like we can expect the same glitchy performance and zero support from Yuneec as we get from DJI. Please post your good and bad user experiences with the H520E RTK and its PPK.

We currently have a DJI P4 RTK, which works pretty well after we correct the elevations with a few GCPs, but apparently PPK still does not work in the US. We want to add a backup sUAS and became very interested in the H520E until we started to read about all the issues in this forum about using its RTK and PPK. We want a turnkey system and it seems like we can expect the same glitchy performance and zero support from Yuneec as we get from DJI. Please post your good and bad user experiences with the H520E RTK and its PPK.
We have about 50 flights in now and I can say that the RTK method is almost exactly the same as the P4RTK. If anything it is behaving better than the P4RTK on NTRIP. Most of what you are seeing here is because Yuneec obviously didn't think they were going to have to support us with PPK and that everyone would use RTK but anyone who has been around fixed corrections long enough knows that it hiccups. We are seeing about a 5-7% fall to a float solution which we can then fix in RTKPOST. It was closer to 10% with the P4RTK. Back to the point is that the program that they provide to extract the rinex files is totally easy and getting a good POS out of RTKPOST is easy but what to do with this stupid timestamp file. I have talked to one company that has actually done it but they are using a local processing that they can map the columns and import. From what they say... We use DroneDeploy and need the images retagged before uploading. I don't think Geosetter will be able to use that file so I am trying to figure out if I can extract just what I need from the Yuneec file and retag with ExifTool. That one small glitch is a mega blunder on their part. I have been working with the U.S. team and just emailed them today about this very thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop