Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is there a way to check voltage of the Breeze battery other than using the Breeze App?

Original wires are 20awg.
Could run the outside but theres another option that might work inside. I need to find some 20awg silicone wire though. I dont think I have any.
The point for me is I really dont want to make it look hacked. Hacked would be easy;)

Reactions: robbie2
So, I realized I had some 20awg wires off of some connectors so I soldered the wires off the front battery solder connections like I normally do when I add lights.
What I found is the electromagnetic interference is absolutely from the wires coming off the battery. I once again had a big issue trying to get the breeze to takeoff IF I tucked the battery wires inside.
I should have explained this better initially but I'll try now. There IS a reason why they were the Breeze the way they do.
IF you wire it up to run your own battery it WILL cause magnetic interference unless you find a way to shield the wire. The breeze will act normal as far as startup and wifi but when you select takeoff and slide the bar over it wont do anything and you will be left scratching your head wondering what's going on.
You can try takeoff over and over and if you get really lucky it will take off but you will get the mag interference warning popping up constantly which is really annoying as it's in the way of making adjustments.
Now if you pull the wires out like I'll show in a pic it takes off and the error doesnt pop up.
What must be happening with the wires inside is the breeze must be preventing it from takeoff but doesnt pop up the message to tell you it's an issue unless you are actually in the air. Really really strange.
Heres some pics. I didnt end up running the wires like the first pic shows but between the IR sensors and then down the side where one of the motor wires is. You get the idea from pic 3.
I left the original XT60 connector tucked inside.
Also, I goofed and used a male connector on the end and thus made a female to female jumper as the one 1000mAh 3S battery I have came with a male end which is the norm.
I also show that I made a female to XT60 male adapter for use with larger 3S batteries that usually come with a female XT60.
Should be getting my 1550mAh and 2200mAh batteries today so we shall at least see if they physically fit.20190212_065908.jpeg20190212_065916.jpeg20190212_084037.jpeg20190212_085624.jpeg20190212_085655.jpeg20190212_090017.jpeg20190212_094240.jpeg20190212_094246.jpeg20190212_094248.jpeg

Received the 2200mAh battery and heres some pics after replacing the Dean's with an xt60. It weighs 171g so 70g over stock which is quite a lot. I've no intention of seeing if the breeze can lift it at least until I get a chance to mess with the 1550mAh that is also out for amazon delivery.
I'm messing around with too many projects right now but they are all drone except for a couple of old original Emaxx trucks. I've got really old but still working nimh 3300 7.2V packs but since I have (4) brand new never used 3000mAh lipo packs I was thinking of paralleling 2 packs each side for 6000mAh capacity. Dont know any reason why this should be an issue. Theres 6" of snow/sleet/freezing rain out and still coming down that those trucks would love to frolic in.20190212_120339.jpeg20190212_120359.jpeg20190212_120646.jpeg20190212_120712.jpeg

So I received the 1550mAh last night at just before 8 but had no idea as we went to sleep at just after 7 and I got up at 3. Found it outside my front door this morning sitting all night below 32F at 4:30 after i checked its delivery status. Funny I didnt notice the box when I let the cat out at 3.
Comparing it with the 1300 I think the only difference is the 4.5g added weight and C rating. The 1300 is an 80C while the 1550 is a 50C.
It will be interesting to see if I get more runtime or not but Ovonic is supposed to be a good brand and they are both from this brand along with the 2200. Wish they had another battery between the 1550 and 2200.

Well something isnt right as I only got about 6.5 minutes hover time:( Going to run another 1300 through it after .5 hour rest and see what happens. Cant believe another 4.5g caused that really low time.

Last edited:
I made an executive decision and what I was afraid would happen did although no drones were harmed "luckily".
I had a feeling that it could lift the 2200 and it did. HOWEVER, it couldnt handle (at least indoors in my small rooms) the new balance point which was at least a couple inches towards the back and ended up flying off downstairs about 2/3rds the way into the room clinging against the top of a bookshelf running while I tried to figure out a way to grab it.
Somehow the only thing that happened was 2 prop protectors popped off and a few prop edges got scrapes but they are fine. It was a pretty scary wacky 20 seconds!
I'm going to try the 1550 again in a bit. Dont know If the cells could possibly get damag we d being out all night at about 28F but I wouldnt think so. I really should have waited to charge it also instead of just putting it right on the charger at that temp.
Although the cold kills a battery performance it shouldn't harm the battery itself. I would have thought that charging it at 1.6A would have warmed it just fine. The pack didnt seem cold when I put it in the breeze.

Last edited:
Well I'm done messing with other battery packs. After all my testing I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth the hastle. Something rather annoying I've found with these high C packs is when they get down to the 20% mark reading on the breeze app they drop off very quickly all of a sudden and it's just another factor against doing it.
I've still got a couple of lighting projects to do so I'll be posting those once I decide how to mount the lights as they are not small.

Reactions: robbie2
You are welcome.
I'm going to remove the 12awg wires but leave the other for lighting.
It appears that there may be a rather fine line between weight and runtime unless theres something wrong with the 1550 hut I have a better theory.
Out of curiosity I may discharge a 1300 and the 1550 with a B6 charger to the same point and then charge them back up st the same rate and see if theres really a capacity issue with the 1550 as I really need to know the answer or it's going to bug me.
Now the 1550 is slightly longer and thicker. The thickness just makes it for tighter and that's not going to be the issue. The small amount of extra length will throw off the balance point though and I am thinking that is more likely the real issue causing way more battery drain as the breeze has to compensate for it.
If nothing else I know for a fact that it will lift a lot of weight which is really interesting in and of itself. I've seen many reviews stating how surprised they were concerning how well it could handle wind considering the small prop size. I've personally flown in 20+mph winds with much higher gusts and it was pretty amazing.
My conclusion is the breeze is over built for the parameters Yuneec locked it down with. If Yuneec would let it do what it could I am convinced it could fly at least twice it's current speed. The problem is they wont allow it because the battery life would be terrible and this was originally $500. No one would pay that kind of $ for a 5-6 minute flight so they locked it down.
At the time it came out it always rated just below the Spark at about the same price point but now it's being sold at closeout. I've seen it sold as low as $100 but it's still a great deal at $150 especially with a controller.
I honestly believe that if someone is seriously thinking about jumping right to a serious $ drone (and that is VERY common now) I would HIGHLY recommend they pick one of these up first or at least at the same time to get a feel for flying. You can practice maneuvers inside and outside with both your phone and controller without the risk of destroying your big $ unit and that's priceless. I mean come on, this thing costs less than 1 battery for some units.
Notice how often someone joins the forum or any forum because they crashed their drone. It's all the time. Suddenly they are in panic mode and out big bucks because everyone said it was so easy to fly. It's in our nature to want to fly close to things and push the limits.
Anyways, I'm going to test the 1300 and 1550 now and report back. Will be VERY surprised if theres and battery issue.

Last edited:
Those 1300 and 1550 batteries actually exceeded their capacities by about 50mAh so batteries are good as expected:)
Removed the large 12awg wires with xt60 connector from the test drone. Didnt do anything else with lights yet as I'm having trouble deciding placements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval