Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this Okay To Do?

Reaction score
I was flying my Typhoon H at the local park today, checking out the new firmware upgrade. Its a very drone-friendly park. I stay away from people and don't fly over them or events...

Today while I flying a Supervisor from the City came over and asked if I could take some Aerial Photos of their "Tree Chipping" Event. People (Public) pull their trucks up unload and they put the branches in the chipper...

Can I send these pictures to her without getting into any trouble with the FAA?

I'm no lawyer, and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night, but I believe "commercial" means taking something in return for the work. I am sure you will get more educated and informed responses :)

Faa says even if your not getting paid could be still considered commercial. Maybe if its for charity? Idk.....search it. If you do decide to send tgem the pics...tell them they didn't get from you. However if you have 107 certificate....you are good as gold.

Bill W.

Reactions: Sean Dougherty
It does not matter if it is charity... There is a special waiver for that type of work. Also, no compensation does not matter either. The FAA is clear, if it isn't for fun (hobby use) it is commercial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech