Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is yuneec launching a new H

The Typhoon H3, like the Plus and the 520 before it, will have a superior camera and flight software compared to the original Typhoon. While they look similar to the Older Typhoon H, that is where the similarity ends. However, as the H3 has yet to be released we won't really see all that is new until someone gets one in their hands and report. I was one of the first on this forum to get a Plus a year and a half ago and I can tell you that Yuneec did not fully inform the public what the true differences were between it and the 480 truly were.

Likewise I expect that; yes, there is a new camera, and it does have a 20 megapixel sensor - just like the Plus and the 520 (and is probably the exact same sensor at that) but weather or not it is superior in any way remains to be seen. I do know that there will be some (if not many) changes to the interface of the ST-16S but again, we won't know the full scope until we get one in our hands.

Yuneec makes a decent product but their ability to fully inform the public of just what that product is, or can do, is notoriously vacant. ;)

They all share the legs, actuators, spring clips and plates for the arms, the camera gimbal plate, and I suspect the mount will be the same but will see.

From what I understand, the H3 is a 'variation' on the HPlus/H520 designed to be a videographer's platform.

As such, we know that the Camera has been designed and tuned by Leica (yes, that Leica) to give much higher performance than the C23 on the H Plus. It shares the same sensor, but has redesigned optics, new software and various quality improvements.

We have not seen the flight control software, but the expectation is that it will be tuned specifically for filming purposes (smooth flight, team mode, camera control).

The whole package is aimed at high end users, so I believe it is going to be in addition to the HPlus/H520, rather than replacing any current model. It will also be more expensive than the HPlus.

And Yuneec are being considerate by delaying the launch date every month, so we can save up our money to buy it!?

Reactions: WernerJB
The Typhoon H3, like the Plus and the 520 before it, will have a superior camera and flight software compared to the original Typhoon. While they look similar to the Older Typhoon H, that is where the similarity ends. However, as the H3 has yet to be released we won't really see all that is new until someone gets one in their hands and report. I was one of the first on this forum to get a Plus a year and a half ago and I can tell you that Yuneec did not fully inform the public what the true differences were between it and the 480 truly were.

Likewise I expect that; yes, there is a new camera, and it does have a 20 megapixel sensor - just like the Plus and the 520 (and is probably the exact same sensor at that) but weather or not it is superior in any way remains to be seen. I do know that there will be some (if not many) changes to the interface of the ST-16S but again, we won't know the full scope until we get one in our hands.

Yuneec makes a decent product but their ability to fully inform the public of just what that product is, or can do, is notoriously vacant. ;)

Not to mention how
the customer Service is
not what is used to be.
I still have my 480.
I have been through a
lot with it.nMany Ups and downs
Keith Kuhn

Well hopefully getting hold of batteries becomes better aswell but was told this issue is across the drone industry so not just yunnec

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I'll be selfish a bit - I'm really curious of what Yuneec is going to do about h520.

Hope I'm not excessively naive wishing all of us who have this platform that Yuneec fixes all bugs so that Datapilot stems crashing, updates desktop versions so corridor and structure missions are included and adds multispectral capabilities to the hardware.

From a software point of view yuneec as already forgotten about the other older models so can't see any new software for the H pro or the other models unless you have the H+

My fear is like a lot of gadgets and things the company's forget about the older stuff then the person has a hard time trying to keep it running due to lack of software / parts / support my H pro has been flawless and I just hope it stays that way all we can hope for is more people like tuna for perhaps things to keep some sort of software development coming along for us

From a software point of view yuneec as already forgotten about the other older models so can't see any new software for the H pro or the other models unless you have the H+
H480 software is pretty stable, it does the job.

Reactions: rdonson
My fear is like a lot of gadgets and things the company's forget about the older stuff then the person has a hard time trying to keep it running due to lack of software / parts / support my H pro has been flawless and I just hope it stays that way all we can hope for is more people like tuna for perhaps things to keep some sort of software development coming along for us
Perhaps stock up on a few essentials.

Just my personal opinion.

Quite simply put, all the suggestions that our members requested for improving the TH Plus have been repackaged as the H3 with a Leica label on it and charging a premium price for it. So instead of getting the improvements on the platform you purchased in the TH Plus and diligently beta tested and spoon fed Yuneec with what would make it a better system. You get presented with the H3 at a premium price.

Sounds like they need an equitable trade in/trade up program for the H Plus owners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss