Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is yuneec launching a new H

Some of the new improvements (software related) will likely be available to Plus owners should they see the need for it, when and/or if, available, not so sure about the 520 unfortunately. That said, the lack of relatively available parts and spares is likely to continue as is the lack of a reliable repair service or customer support. While I still believe the Typhoon H Platform is in a league by itself, it may never realize it's true potential at this rate.

All things considered, I suspect many would not trade their Plus for an H3 until they see a track record with it and especially what the imagery from the Ion L1 is truly like. Till then, I have a Plus that has been near Bullet Proof with a camera that has yet to be bested by anything in the price range so Yuneec; lets see what you got.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
From a software point of view yuneec as already forgotten about the other older models so can't see any new software for the H pro or the other models unless you have the H+

Yuneec has, but I haven't. I am thinking to release the next flight-tested firmware version maybe this weekend for the H480. The previous one went online 23.12. ;-)

Last edited:
Some of the new improvements (software related) will likely be available to Plus owners should they see the need for it, when and/or if, available, not so sure about the 520 unfortunately. That said, the lack of relatively available parts and spares is likely to continue as is the lack of a reliable repair service or customer support. While I still believe the Typhoon H Platform is in a league by itself, it may never realize it's true potential at this rate.

All things considered, I suspect many would not trade their Plus for an H3 until they see a track record with it and especially what the imagery from the Ion L1 is truly like. Till then, I have a Plus that has been near Bullet Proof with a camera that has yet to be bested by anything in the price range so Yuneec; lets see what you got.
Remember there is a claim in the interview of the Yuneec CEO that the camera and subsequent new models will be backwards compatible with the Plus. Anyway, I'm off to see Elvis perform in London!

Not seen any problems with H plus or H520 batteries, still can obtain them, H batteries are available from some suppliers, but age is the problem.

So you recommend looking at manufactured
Date.
Correct ?
Keith

My fear is like a lot of gadgets and things the company's forget about the older stuff then the person has a hard time trying to keep it running due to lack of software / parts / support my H pro has been flawless and I just hope it stays that way all we can hope for is more people like tuna for perhaps things to keep some sort of software development coming along for us

For people in your situation I offer a word of advice: Don’t change anything. Don’t be tempted to change by promises of a firmware “update”. Ignore any on screen messages to update firmware. If you like what you have and it always works, it’s already perfect.

Reactions: Andrew Grant
Noticed no new firmware for the 480 since 2017 so yea I would say that model is forgotten about

With UAV toolbox and stable firmware it's pretty much complete, can't see any point in gimmicks, most crashes or problems are caused by error and plain component failure. Just fly and enjoy.
Yea I have the toolbox installed I can't fault my H I see in the Scottish news app that police Scotland are deploying more drone units to save the cost of the police helicopter going up

Reactions: Andrew Grant
Noticed no new firmware for the 480 since 2017 so yea I would say that model is forgotten about

I have not forgotten about it. I still love my H.
I will fly it till it just won't fly anymore. Out with the
Old and in with New
Happens way too fast
for me.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi