Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Joystick calibration

Reaction score
Hello my name is shamarr. Recently ive noticed that my typhoon H has been drifting alittle to the right. Having this same H brought to yuneec for a fly away i begine to have flashbacks of such a dreadful day. Anywho i did countless calibrations and nothing worked. Finally it hit me and i checked the st16 and noticed that my right stick caused the drone to tilt 25% to the right (j4). So i looked on here and saw the recommended video,watched it, and attempted it and the j4 will not clear the calibration test. All the others are green yet j4 is stubborn. What should i do? I dont want to take it to yuneec and possibly deal with a fee to fix it. I tought about taking the st16 apart and trying to locate the issue myself. The st16 has been sitting all winter. I brought it out today and this bug shows up. Thanks for any help gievn in the near future.20170227_180100_HDR.jpg

Have you called Yuneec and asked for help? They may be able to help you over the phone with no charge. Do not email.

Is your picture inside the "Secret Menu"? I have used it myself but I do not remember the screens.

Ray, yes, that's the secret menu.

Shamarr, my last ST16 (Still in the shop. A used one Yuneec replaced my original one with, long story) had the same problem with the same stick. Wouldn't pass step 3. I was able to get it to center (sort of) by changing the stick rate in the channels screen. Sorry, without my controller I can't walk you through the process.

I would definitely call Yuneec. They'll probably want it in the shop.

What's the secret menu? How can I screw things up if I don't know where this menu is? Lol

I didnt call yuneec because when reading previous threads i saw someone had already called them and they told them to do the calibration test. Well i fixed the problem somehow by unscrewing the right controller stick with a alan wrench and blowing it out like a super nintendo game cartridge lol. When i repositioned it back in its proper place and tightened it back up, i looked at the settings and everything went back to normal. Ran the calibration test and it worked. For future reference i can show pictures if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you called Yuneec and asked for help? They may be able to help you over the phone with no charge. Do not email.

Is your picture inside the "Secret Menu"? I have used it myself but I do not remember the screens.

What's the secret menu? How can I screw things up if I don't know where this menu is? Lol

Settings tab. Tap "About Controller" a bunch of times and you get some calibration screens.
Caution is advised, because if the sliders aren't in a certain position when you start the process it can be a serious head-scratcher.

Settings tab. Tap "About Controller" a bunch of times and you get some calibration screens.
Caution is advised, because if the sliders aren't in a certain position when you start the process it can be a serious head-scratcher.

Do you have to have the Drone on and binded to get to the secret menu? I've been noticing some left to right movement in hover mode. Guess they didn't look into that when I was at Yuneec today. lol

Do you have to have the Drone on and binded to get to the secret menu? I've been noticing some left to right movement in hover mode. Guess they didn't look into that when I was at Yuneec today. lol

No, it's strictly for the transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone