Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jumping ship

Reaction score
i like the h .but yuneec firmware update half the time sux they do more harm then good the range is nothing like Dji even with a aftermarket antenna sys my phantom 4 over 2 miles no trouble

Yeah dji gave the 4 the options yuneec just gave us for free with our last update and slapped a 4+ or 4 pro name tag on it so dji users with the 4 go out and buy another new bird.

Yeah dji gave the 4 the options yuneec just gave us for free with our last update and slapped a 4+ or 4 pro name tag on it so dji users with the 4 go out and buy another new bird.
My H pro doesn't have four sided OA, Mechanical shutter, one inch sensor , 4.1 mile range and it surely can't fly for 30 min. Maybe I bought the wrong one is there a H+?

It's ok to admit that Yuneec is just not as active as DJI and because of that people will jump ship. 1499.00 is the same price as th p4p and you have to admit in the tech department they are light years apart . We can only pull that 6 rotor 360 gim card so much

It's easy to write a bunch of nice specs. I saw many videos on mavic oa and it couldn't even see a 2x4 stretched between 2 cars. My h with realsense actually avoids that little support cable that comes off the utility poles. And if I fly backwards, realsense remembers where it was without oa in the rear.

Well sir, if you bought the H without doing your research or comparison shopping then you have no complaint about distance. While there have been some glitches, the updates seem to have matured and have significantly increased the quality and usability of the H and CGO3+.
i like the h .but yuneec firmware update half the time sux they do more harm then good the range is nothing like Dji even with a aftermarket antenna sys my phantom 4 over 2 miles no trouble

It's easy to write a bunch of nice specs. I saw many videos on mavic oa and it couldn't even see a 2x4 stretched between 2 cars. My h with realsense actually avoids that little support cable that comes off the utility poles. And if I fly backwards, realsense remembers where it was without oa in the rear.
How long will it remember? I've heard everything from 30 sec to forever

Last edited:
I'm hoping I'll like it too! Its on its way. Should be here tomorrow or Monday. I wasn't sure if I was going to pull the trigger, but I figured I'd like to check out the technology!

Did you decide to get the RS Module? I got one for my regular H, and it works good.

How long will it remember? I've heard everything from 30 sec to forever

Early reports were claiming a 15 min window for environment memory. This however has not been reported from any source that has been able to confirm it, or test it. realsense needs updates - they have not done much to it since it was first shipped.

Real sense has serious potential, but I don't think Yuneec knows how/what to do with it yet - they "turned it on" and then started on other work. I could honestly live without it, its fickle and the manuals and stuff just don't explain it good enough to instill confidence on how to expect it to work (not talking detection size, but when, and where it will work!).

if you took the software from the Phantom p4 Pro, and the hardware from Yuneec TH craft itself, and a variant of the TH remote with some small improvements you could have a pretty cool machine. I feel like Yuneec got the hardware itself right (minus the wide spread variance itself in how it works from one user to another) - but they need some "elegance" in the software layer to stand out.

I don't think the P4 Pro was even a "real thing" for a 2016 release, but they pushed it out because of what the TH had over the p4, but with some small hardware cost they made a big improvement there (sensors and camera) and software was updated with the pretty nice "draw to fly" capability also.

DJI also copied yuneec with the "built in screens" and they clearly said "our customers are asking for it" - Yuneec has had an impact on DJI, or they would not have adapted so well, before the P4 Pro, the P4 was nice (camera IS better, lets get over that fact) - but Yunnec held its own. DJI responded and had the ability to move faster in the market than Yuneec has this year.

If Yuneec can/will take its great quality, and innovate in the software (with a better camera - a MUST!) they really can be better - they need to decide who they want to be and then make it happen. I heard there is a updated 920 coming, this might be the platform to watch also, there has been considerable effort from Yunnec to "learn about their H920 clients" and they are expected to make a big move there also, maybe the TH was a "test" before the real flagship? hard to say - either way Yuneec, unlike other DJI competitors is in the best position of all of them to take a big chunk of DJI market share in the consumer space (I think the Hollywood crowd will be hard to covert short term) - they just have to actually get out and do it...

Another thread started for the sole purpose of promoting new DJI products. They have people doing it at every social media site. Do the same in their thread and there's **** to pay. Shoot, you can't even watch a video shot with an H or other non DJI product on You Tube without having a DJI ad pop up in it.

If people were really serious about their systems they would buy neither Yuneec or DJI, they would buy something using APM, Pixhawk, or PX4 and link it with the Inexa C2 system and have capabilities and flexibility beyond anything any other company can offer. In the meantime everyone plays the advertise for free game promoting stuff they paid for instead of being paid to promote. Un effing believable.

Last edited:
Another thread started for the sole purpose of promoting new DJI products. They have people doing it it every social media site. Do the same in their thread and there's **** to pay. Shoot, you can't even watch a video shot with an H or other non DJI product n You Tube without having a DJI ad pop up in it.

Agreed. The trolls are out in force at the moment, and this forum isn't doing a very good job dealing with them. There's a lot of misinformation and 'opinion' being spread around that's getting in the way of enjoying our machines. Sadly, if you repeat a lie often enough, it gets accepted as fact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval