Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just asking, what software pilots are using to edit the 4K video?

I would love to use Davinci Resolve 12.5 (free version), however the video render out always get choppy (whatever render as 4k or 2k or 720). The footage straight from camera (4k 30fps) however looks perfectly smooth. I have read through the web, many people say transcoding the MP4 footage to DNxHD codec will help, I've tried but it didn't help.

I discover another free tools called Shotcut (Shotcut - Home). It is free, no install, good enough for basic editing and color grading. The video rendered from it are smooth like silk.

I would love to use Davinci Resolve 12.5 (free version), however the video render out always get choppy (whatever render as 4k or 2k or 720). The footage straight from camera (4k 30fps) however looks perfectly smooth. I have read through the web, many people say transcoding the MP4 footage to DNxHD codec will help, I've tried but it didn't help.

I discover another free tools called Shotcut (Shotcut - Home). It is free, no install, good enough for basic editing and color grading. The video rendered from it are smooth like silk.

I have access to the adobe suite and started using premier again. What helped my post output was getting all the proper pro res codecs. I have no reason currently for 4K and dabbled briefly with it but found that staying 1080 and adjusting frame rate makes more sense. I'm now experimenting with 120 fps to see how much motion I can get away with. This is backed up by a flight yesterday chasing a hawk that had me spinning and twisting like crazy. I caught it in a turn that's too fast for 60 fps and only got a few seconds of good view (slowed down now) for a clip. It was an unexpected surprise and I wish I had a partner yesterday as I mostly misjudged my height and I was below it more than my eye said I was. I did get the shadows from that attempt though that are pretty cool. 4k at 30 fps would have not worked in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy